Part 2

"You got scouted? That's great!" You grin with a bounce.

"Yeah, I'll be gone for about a week." He tells you. Your heart sinks a bit but your smile doesn't falter.

"Well, be careful. Think I'll keep training while you're away." You hum.

"Really?" He seemed surprised by your statement.

"Yeah. I kinda like doing it. Plus I won't be able to keep up with you if I don't." You put your arms behind your head. He tilts his head, watching you for a moment.

"I'll keep you updated." He assures. You blink at that and smile a bit more.

"Stay safe Shinsou..."

"Missing your friend huh?" Your uncle guesses as you sigh into the ice bath.

"Training isn't as fun without him..." You admit.

"I know! I'll call a friend that could use some help." He straightens.

"But I'm not in the hero course. Nor do I want to be one." You frown.

"How can you support him if you don't support yourself?" He points out. "How long are you going to fear your own quirk?" He looks at you with a frown.

"My quirk hurts people. There's nothing heroic about it." You sink deeper into the ice bath.

"Your quirk can do more than that." He insists. You frown at the water before sighing heavily.

"Alright..." You grumble. With any luck you can get by without using it.

"Nice to meet you ___! Stun has told me alot about you." Drillhead greets.

"Not too much I hope." You deadpan, making him laugh.

"Oh this'll be fun! Come on. I have a surprise for you before we head out." He chuckles leading you into his agency and down the halls.

"I don't think I'm a fan of surprises sir." You breathe feeling a bit nervous.

"I think you'll make an exception for this one." He chuckles, opening a door to a room. "Come on rookie. We're going on patrol." He calls in as you stop in confusion.

"Yes sir-" You and the indigo haired guy stop as you look at eachother. "___..."

"Shinsou..." You blink in surprise.

"What's going on?" He raises an eyebrow at Drillhead.

"It's true I scouted you myself. But Stunt requested I take in your friend too. Seems she might be interested in a more heroic job." Drillhead pats your shoulder.

"I'm not though. I came to..." Your argument falls as you look at your hands. "...Why am I here?" You mutter.

"To get to know your quirk better I presume." Drillhead hums. "Now come on. Let's get going."

You and Shinsou follow after him. "Sorry... I didn't know you were here..." You murmur awkwardly.

"Why are you apologizing?" He inquires, looking over at you.

"I don't want you to think I'm following you or trying to interfere." You frown with a shrug.

"I don't." He tells you before looking ahead. "When you messaged me earlier that you were going to learn from a pro, I was wondering if I'd see you."