Part 3

"Seems we have a hostage situation again..." Drillhead mutters. You peer out around the corner, blinking at the store building where the villain's were holding hostages after a failed robbery.

"Looks like they made the police back off. How are we supposed to get close without looking suspicious?" You frown back at Drillhead. This was already seeming really dangerous for you and Shinsou.

"Thats a fierce look you're giving me... You don't seem to have much faith in me..." Drillhead sweatdrops while Shinsou straightens a bit.

"Taking risks isn't something I like doing..." You grumble turning to him and acknowledging the policeman that comes over.

"Drillhead, are these the interns?" The new comer asks.

"Yes. Shinsou, ___. This is Sota, he's the head of the police force in this area." Drillhead introduces.

"I hope you have a good plan sir.." You tell him, stepping to Shinsou's side.

"It should be flawless." He nods to you. "I've looked into your profile." He continues, focusing on Shinsou. "We're going to have you enter as a part of negotiations. You'll be bringing them this food they requested to test our word. I need you to get the leader to come out of the building. It will confuse his underlings and give us an opening to take them all down. You two will then help us get the hostages to safety."

"Sounds simple... But can you insure our safety if it doesn't pan out?" You question. Sota blinks and looks at you again.

"If you're worried miss we can just send him in al-" He stops himself when your gaze turns into a glare. "Oh... Don't worry. We'll be keeping a close eye. At ready to swoop in if we need to."

"Alright then... Lets go." You try to relax, looking down.

"Then please follow me." He says leading you both toward a surveillance van nearby. Shinsou nudges you to gain your attention. His eyes search your face in slight concern.

"Sorry... I know I should have more faith... But I'm scared." You frown looking down. He blinks before frowning as well.

"It's okay to be scared." He murmurs. You look at him as he tilts your head. "You don't have to come ___.." He adds carefully.

"I'm scared because I don't want to use my quirk around so many people. But I also don't want you to get hurt Shinsou." You frown up at him. He blinks before knitting an eyebrow.

"Didn't know you could make that kind of face..." He mutters, before meeting your gaze with a thoughtful glint. "I know you'll make a good choice if you need to act. So just trust in me for the time being." He offers a light smile.

"Of course I do." You grumble looking away. "Lets go save people."

You both are briefed once more before taking the bags of food into the store. You stay close to Shinsou as you are greeted by some buff villains.

"Wow. They actually sent some kids." The leader chuckles. "Put the bags over there." He orders with a point.

"Can we get you anything else?" Shinsou asks lightly.

"Yeah you can-" The leader stops, dropping his arm.

"Actually, you should go outside and ask the cops for it personally." Shinsou adds lightly. The boss goes to do so without another word.