Part 4

"Your uncle is busy today?" He echoes.

"Yeah. I tried messaging you but my phone hasn't been working right since I dropped it." You frown at the device pointedly.

"You should get another one soon." He says looking at it too. You look at him and he meets your gaze. "So what do you want to do?"

"No idea." You straighten, putting up your phone and peering around.

"We could go for a bike ride." He says tilting his head. You pause and look down.

"I uh... Dont know how..." You whisper. He pauses for a whole moment.

"How do you not know how to ride a bike?" He questions in disbelief.

"I was more of a tree climber and my parents never had time." You defend with a blush. He meets your gaze before sighing lightly and straightening.

"I suppose I'll teach you then." He decides. You blink a few times, imagining it before blushing more and covering your face. That just seemed really embarrassing.

"It's too late for me Shinsou, get on your bike and leave me behind..." You grumble into your hands.

He chuckles lightly at that, "Don't be embarrassed. I know a place that's a bit isolated." He touches your wrist, removing your hand away from your face. You pout a bit as he smiles. "Do you really not want to learn?" You hesitate before sighing lightly.

"Fine... But you can't laugh at me." You point at him.

"When have I ever done that?" He inquires fingertip touching yours.

"When I tripped in the kitchen at the agency and made a bowl of rice fall on my face." You deadpan. He presses his lips together and looks away.

"That doesn't count anyone would've laughed at that." He responds. You pause before grumbling to yourself since he was right. "Come on." He adds nudging you.

You look around the abandoned road quietly. "Alright, remember what I said?" He looks at you.

"Yep..." You look at the bike uneasily. He shakes his head slightly before placing your hand on the handle.

"You're thinking too much. You realize that right?" He states.

"Right." You murmur getting on the bike. You look to him and he nods, making you relax.

It was a bumpy start but you managed to only fall like three times. Shinsou made sure you didn't get hurt at least. Before long you were going over the old road easily with a smile.

Then you hit a small pothole, bike flipping forward and tossing you off. Your back hits the ground, and you blink as the bike sit comes at your face. Shinsou catches it just in time, moving the bike away.

"Are you hurt?" He leans over you. You blink a few times before giggling.

"Heh. That was close Shinsou, thank you." You smile up at him. He relaxes before rolling onto the road beside you with a sigh. You peer at him for a moment. "That was fun. Thanks for teaching me." You tell him. He meets your gaze and smiles a bit.

"I had fun too. Isn't that strange? I didn't really do anything for a while there." His eyes glide back to the sky as an airplane flies overhead. You look up at the plane too.

"Summer vacation will be here soon.." You breathe.

"Yeah..." He frowns slightly. You peek at him again.