Chapter 5

Okay guys this update is earlier than I thought and a little longer. But I wanted to give a chap for Christmas. Hope you enjoy! Oh and,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my dear readers. Lots of hugs and kisses!

"...Did you see the young lady anywhere?" Xu Yang asked the panicking maid who was at a lost in what she should do with Gu Mei. She informed him that the young lady was in her room.

Qing Wu glanced at him in question when Xu Yang spoke, "I think the young lady is possessed. I saw her last afternoon in front of the tea house and something about her didn't look right. I'm just guessing. I do have more doubts but... Oh well I will clear them out on my own."

Qing Wu nodded in response. He also figured out there's something strange about the lady since he first saw her but he was not sure whether it was due to depression or something else. She seemed to have a weak constitution so its possible for it to be her and her husband was dead causing her to mentally breakdown which makes it easier for a demon to possess her, but...

Qing Wu couldn't think straight. He made a mistake. He knew what Xu Yang said was right but still it hurt his pride. Now he could only depend on Xu Yang. And he's thankful for him. He really didn't want to depend on a stranger but at the moment there was no one he could rely on. Being to war was not enough to solve bizarre cases like this. He still had a lot to learn and to experience. It was too early for him to stand alone.

Xu Yang's voice brought Qing Wu out of his thoughts as he talked to the maid, "There is nothing to worry. She will wake up after a good nap. I think her blood pressure rose due to lack of sleep."

"..." He doesn't know its because of him!

And so Xu Yang continues, "She was probably missing her son too much... At last she could have a good sleep. Make sure she doesn't wake up. Let her rest properly."

When everyone was busy thinking about the chaotic situation one cultivator named Wang Feng who had an energetic personality cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention, "Umm I don't know whether you have realized this or not. Um well doesn't something feel odd to you? I feel like I have not been myself since we started investigating this case. Like ummm..." he scratched the back of his head with confusion as he resumed,

"I don't know how to explain it to you. Its just that my thoughts have been cloudy. My thinking has become very messy and nothings coming to my brain. I'm not my usual self. Its as if I'm being controlled or to be more precise its like being led around without us realizing."

No one commented on it and instead contemplated as Xu Yang's melodious chuckle was heard within his straw hat. He clapped his hands while walking towards Wang Feng and patted the youngster's back, "Finally there is someone who has a brain! I can see that you have a good future ahead."

"What? You knew something was off?" and yet kept quiet? Qing Wu asked the first question but chose to remain silent with the second one as he looked at Xu Yang in disbelief.

Who was Xu Yang? Why was he planning to help someone he just met? The guy seems to have a good intuition and he was keenly aware of his surroundings. Xu Yang didn't bother hiding about what he knew. Though there was something he was definitely hiding about his identity. However, for some reason Qing Wu was able to trust this mysterious yet dangerous man. Yeap he was threatening but not harmful. Did this man have any hidden motive? He didn't want to think about any of those. He just wanted to have a clear end on this case.

"Yea, when I saw the compass. You were supposed to head towards the North but the stream was on the North East. Actually, what were you doing there?"