Snickerdoodle Cookies

Rey doesn't remember when exactly she first started baking, but she thinks It could have been when she was placed in that first good home— one that actually had the ingredients to make something other than salty dough.

Her foster parents let her lick the spoon after making a massive batch of snickerdoodle cookies for a school bake sale.

They've been her favorite ever since.

It's what she made now in fact; the mixer whirred around the bowl as she turned up the speed.

She shouldn't be baking. Not when she needed to run through her presentation for tomorrow— a opportunity that was unexpected but nonetheless one she is grateful for having.

Then there was the matter of the reports Snap brought in that needed to be thoroughly examined. Someone on site didn't fill them out correctly— an error that should get them fired, seeing as how these reports were supposed to go straight to the 'big guy' for a serious project they were working on, but instead had to get delayed leaving tensions rather high in the office.

Oh and you know, the fact that the new year was up and coming and she would get more wedding invitations in the mail which would then prompt her to examine her apartment and wonder what exactly she was doing with her life.

It's not that she wants to be married or have children, lord knows she's not ready for that, but it would be nice to have someone.

At least if she had a boyfriend she wouldn't have to face those weddings alone. For once, she'd actually be able to fill her plus one.

She guessed one bright side of not having a family was she wouldn't have to deal with the pesterings of "is there anyone special in you life?" Or the classic "hurry up! I want grand babies!"
She'd heard enough from Paige to know that was definitely something she was glad not to endure.

It was nice being alone, Rey thought. She could decorate her house how she wanted it, she could spend quiet days at her favorite café down the road, and she wouldn't get pestered about things she enjoyed.
But must of all, it was nice because If she didn't have anyone, then no one would leave her.

A strange philosophy sure, everyone knows it took Rey long enough to realize her friends weren't going to ghost her one day, but it was a different type of intimacy you shared with someone you loved.
Not that she would know.

Her dating life consisted of a boyfriend in college who, to no ones surprise, cheated on her, graduated, and left Rey behind.
And sure, if you wanted to count the rebound hookups in the months following you could but that was basically it.

And thinking about all of that and more led her to this.

Baking.

So Rey did what she does best and made a batch of snickerdoodle cookies.

Then a batch after that.

And one more for good measure.

Needless to say she was overwhelmed with cookies, they practically spilled off of her counter, and as much as she'd love to eat them all, it probably wasn't the best idea.

She paused, examining her work before taking out all of her Tupperware and started piling cookie after cookie into the containers.

What is this?

Plunk.

Who in the world makes this many cookies? I have a serious problem!

Plunk.

Clearly this isn't normal... What do normal people do on a friday night? I should be drinking right now shouldn't I? That's what normal people do.