Hotel Rooms

The plane jostled lightly, but the movement was enough to wake the sleeping Rey who had fallen victim of plane white noise and an evening of no sleep. She jolted before realizing a heavy weight weighed on her shoulders. She shifted her head slightly and there was Ben. Complete and utter Ben. 

His arm was wrapped around her shoulders as he leaned over her, his head resting on the top of hers. 

She couldn't help but breathe him in. He smelled rich and warm. Inviting in a way Rey had never known. 

He smelled of home. 

Well that's new...

Rey didn't fully understand why exactly she was just sitting there, beside the fact that she was stranded underneath the literal man of her dreams, and he smelled good, and though she should probably wake him up or not pay attention to just how great it felt to be held— sort of— by him she couldn't. It was too perfect. 

So instead, Rey leaned back into his touch and tried to catch some sleep for the remaining hours of the flight. 

~~~

Rose and Finn had flown in with them. As they headed to get a rental car Rose walked next to Rey, a gitty gate that clearly displayed her excitement. 

"I'm getting married!" She said, somehow still squealing through whispered words. 

"You don't say?" Rey added, tone lilted in sarcasm. Rose slapped her arm in response. "I'm just kidding. I am really happy for you." 

"Me too." Rose said, looping her through Rey's as they watched their respective pairs go up to the rental counter. She was trying very hard no to stare at his backside, or just how great he looked in those pants. 

"Huh?" She responded. 

"You and Ben. I can tell that man is head over heels for you. I'm proud you finally found someone that really cares about you."

"Oh... yeah. Thanks." Rey said, not fully believing her words.

Ben liked her enough to tolerate her. I mean she was ninety percent sure he was primarily in it for her lifetime supply of baked goods. She was glad he was pulling off his part though, the real test would be Poe and Paige. 

It didn't matter that Rey really wished he would fuck her until she forgot how to articulate words, or to breathe. To remember how to live. 

No.. that didn't matter. 

"Nuh uh, don't do that." 

"Do what?"

"The whole, 'oh I'm not convinced that anyone loves me' thing." Rose quipped, clearly fed up with Rey's riduclousness.

"I'm not doing 'that thing'," Rey said hoping her use of air quotations would hide that she was in fact doing 'the thing'. 

"You can't see what he looks like when you're not looking, so therefor you have no power to tell me I'm wrong." 

Except, Rey did have the power to tell her, because Rose didn't know that all of this was fake. That Ben had never showed any interest, and that Rey had screwed herself over in her reiteration that this was all pretend. 

Rey only gave Rose a look in responce. 

"Rey, honey. He gives you fuck me eyes like twenty-four seven. And when he isn't lusting over you he looks like he is about to fall apart from your adorableness."

Luckily before Rey could respond the man of the conversation walked over, lumbering like a freaking lumberjack with his massive arms and massive gate. 

His massive everything really. 

"I got us a car. You ready to go sweetheart."

Rose peaked out from behind him, leaning not so inconspicuous to mouth silently "see he even has a pet name for you, and  it's adorable". She even completed her over exaggeration with hand fanning, as if it was too cute she would pass out. 

She restrained herself from rolling her eyes. 

~~~

"Hi, were here to check in for our room." They had finally made it to the hotel after what felt like forever. It actually hadn't taken them that long to get their bags, but Rose's insistent nagging made it feel like years.

"Yes. May I get your name?" 

"Rey." 

"Ah, yes I have you down for a king suite." 

"Um no. We should have two queens." She had thought Rose had put them down for a two bed room. 

"Sorry, but when you bought the room you were down for a single bed. I can change it if you'd like, but you will be charged differently." 

Shit. SHIT. 

"That's okay, we'll just take this one." 

"Okay, here is your room key." 

"Thank you." 

She turned around, trying to figure out how she would break the news to Ben. 

He already had their bags in hand, a large leather duffle slug over his very broad, and still very distracting, shoulders. In his one hand he held his suit— which didn't touch the ground due to his impressive height— and in his other Rey's roller bag. 

Again with the mundane tasks that somehow were enough to almost bring her to her knees. Almost. 

"So um... bad news." 

He quirked an eyebrow. 

"We will have to share a bed." She waited for his response, hoping against hope that he wouldn't hate her.

"Okay. We'll figure it out." 

Huh.. Well that was unexpected. 

"I am so so sorry. I know that it sucks but I didn't want to change it because Rose and Finn paid for it but if we switched it would charge them differently and then they would know and i feel like they would expect things and... yeah. Sorry. I rambled." Rey was getting progressively more nervous, as if the realization was now truly hitting her. 

Something in his expression shifted. 

"It's okay." Ben said before he made his way to the elevators. 

Hehehehe. I feel like a terrible writer. Someone please tell me what this is because i honestly dont know...

**It's trash olivia. complete and utter trash. why are you even trying at this point.**

I have a lot of ideas. and i love these two.

**That doesnt mean you should try to write about them.**

Im sorry okay. 

So um... yes well this is this. Im hoping to maybe get some smut here soon. maybe. not sure. im a little nervous writing on that front soooooo... 

thank you guys so much for reading, it really truly does mean a lot. 

let me know what you think. comments keep me alive. literally. 

Love you all <3 

Olivia