Annotations

Ben had yet another sleepless night. The little shut eye he did get was plagued with screams and pain, voices, fire. Everything and nothing. 

He had jolted awake at two, and then again thirty minutes later. That cycle continued, just like every other night, until he miraculously got the urge to get up, body aching from the prior days work. His lack of nutrition and the cold probably didn't help much either. Nor did the strain from pushing himself harder than he should have. But there was a comfort in his sore muscles. They reminded him he was still alive. 

He would most likely do the same today, seeing as how his talk with Rey the previous night did nothing to quell his looping, racing, screaming thoughts. 

She didn't know that evening that she was in fact talking to one of her favorite authors. He was in no hurry to reveal the he was the infamous Kylo Ren. 

It had sunk deep into his bones the moment she said it. Those two words causing a tear in the life raft that was keeping him afloat in her presence. You would think that your average author would love to hear about how much a reader enjoyed their story... but not Ben. Not with her at least. Somehow he found himself regarding her opinion far to high than healthy— not that Ben didn't already regard everyone opinions far too much anyway. 

Her word were of complete enthusiasm, and yet his brain still found a way to turn everything she said against him. It was insane. He didn't even know how it was possible. 

It was a miracle she got called away. 

Going about his routine, Ben padded through his apartment. The productivity only lasted so long, mornings providing just enough oomph to keep him alive and functioning. He brushed his teeth, cleaned up his kitchen, and got dressed to go pound away what emotions he could in the cold December air. 

And then I'll resort back to my miserable ways and get absolutely zero shit done. 

Ben had reached his entryway and opened the door to exit his apartment, not bothering to lock it on the way out. Though as he turned toward the stairs he stumbled, fumbling around to try not to fall flat on his face. 

Someone pounded their hand into the wall from inside their apartment, telling him to be quiet. They probably thought he was some rambunctious teenager on their way to school. 

He turned around to find what it is he tripped on, only to see four books scattered across the walk way.  

His books. 

And a note that landed by his feet. 

Hey Ben! I again apologize for last night. I didn't think you had told me whether or not you had read Kylo Ren's novels, so I thought I'd bring them over just in case you hadn't. If you have, or if you don't want to read them, you can return them :) 

Sorry for showing up out of the blue yesterday, and really every other time I've shown up, but thank you for your hospitality. 

Also, are you still open for helping me? It is totally fine if you're not, just let me know!

                          Rey

                       Ps. If you do read the books I hope you can stomach my annotations.  

He picked up his novels from where they were scattered and flipped open "The Grey's Divide".

Sure enough the pages were highlighted, and every so often there would be words scrawled in tiny loopy letters along the sides. Out of curiosity Ben flipped through more pages, sometimes stopping to read the little notes. 

A couple of pages were littered with sticky notes. 

He abruptly closed the book and strode back to his apartment. 

Ben did not work out that morning. Instead he did something that went completely against his brain. 

He read through all of her annotations. All seven novels worth

Read them until his eyes hurt, stopping only to grab a few of Rey's cookies. 

It was the most productive he had been in a while. 

Well this was a shorter one.

**Yep, and you have yet to create anything your readers want.**

You don't know that for sure, maybe this one was better.

**Mhmm keep telling yourself that hun.**

Okay fine, this might not have been my best work. But im trying okay?

**You should try harder.**

I know brain. I know.

Regardless, i really hope you all enjoyed this. Im trying really hard to make this an entertaining story, and trying to keep consistency and depth. I love all my readers so much, you have no idea how much yall mean to me! Please be patient with me as i go through the journey that is this book. I eventually want to get to fluffier and smuttier stuff in this story. 

-Olivia <3