Christmas Present

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Probably not. Am I crazy? I'm crazy, aren't I? Oh god, he's gonna hate me for this! Tim! I haven't written my will yet! Who will my rats go to?-"

Tim snatched James by the arm, tugging him close to grab his shoulders, "Get a grip! You're just giving him a present, he's not going to hate you for giving him a gift."

"Do you know what this gift is?" James retorted, anxiety crackling his argument. The weight that rested on one ridiculous present had twisted his mind all day. Why did he do this to himself? He should have just bought him a shirt or something. But no, he decided that today would be the day that he ruined his own life.

"I don't actually, you never told me." Tim murmured, his deep cinnamon gaze grew increasingly more cross, "But do you wanna tell me?"

"Pff-No! Why would i do that?" James shrunk back a little, feeling his cheeks flare up at the very thought.

Tim let go of him to cross his arms, raising an eyebrow, "How am I supposed to help you deliver a present when I don't even know what it is?"

"If you work as a mailman you deliver letters all the time and you legally aren't allowed to look at those." James replied coolly.

"Alright fine, well since you're not giving me any information I'm just gonna toss you into it." Tim shrugged, turning to travel across the guest bedroom and open the door. As he reached for the handle he turned to James, "So you could give Adam your little present I took your phone and texted him for you. He'll be here in twenty minutes and he's bringing along a present too."

James stopped in his tracks, staring at his surprisingly taller friend. "What?!" He squeaked out a scream, grabbing hold of his messy blonde hair.

Tim grinned, "Don't worry, Jaiden and I will be here too. We wouldn't dare leave you two alone," before the brunette stepped out of the door frame he gave his friend a wink,"not yet at least."

James stared at his hands as Tim disappeared down the hallway. Oh sweet cheese and crackers, now things are way worse! Now it's going to be way harder to confess!

After a moment of pure panic, James inhaled deeply. A brief second or two to collect all of his thoughts sure worked well, as he drug his fingers down his face with a groan. He supposed that the time had finally come.

Hand-made christmas decorations covered the walls, including funny looking snowflakes and cut-out snowmen. The overall coziness of James's living room had increased tenfold with Tim's contribution of fun scented candles and an increase of blue lighting. Snowy colors made themselves home in the small space, hot chocolates and gingerbread cookies circled a large tray that sat on the glass coffee table in front of James as he fretfully checked his phone, his right leg bouncing vigorously. Adam's arrival time would be in a mere minute, what's going to happen when he gets here? Was it wise to put his present under the tree? Oh god, what if James ruins everything! Ah! Why are all the gingerbread cookies gone already?

"I thought you were saving those for when Adam got here?" Tim chortled beside him, sinking back in the couch.

"Ah!" James threw a half-eaten gingerbread cookie onto the now empty tray.

Jaiden let out a soft giggle,"I'm glad I already got mine."

"Maybe this was a bad idea, I mean I only bought one box of gingerbread cookies, that's a bad omen on its own!" James groaned, cupping his head in his hands.