Love?

I was reading I story tonight here on wattpad, and it was questioning love. This got me thinking what is love?

I for one have never been in love. So I have no clue to explain what it is. But hope one day have the pleasure of experiencing true love.

I also wanna mention my family. Of course when someone talks about love family always the the first things to pop up in your brain, but for me I it's not like that.

I'm sad to say my parents and I are not lovey dovey like others. Trust me my parents are loving parents, I can say anything bad about them but we are not close. I just think because I'm the oldest they treat more like an adult that their child. If that makes any sense.

They only time we hug or have any physical contact is when wish a happy birthday or a holiday.

Is it weird that I don't say I love to my parents in a regular biases. I can remember when was the last like I said "te quiero mucho"(I love you a lot) to either of my parents. UGH that so bad.

I feel like the only time I do say it is when my dad goes away in long trips for work and I talk to him in the phone. And sadly it come out the same very time "goodnight te quiero mucho", it come automatically like I don't think about it. I question myself if I really mean it.

And my brother I don't think I have ever told him that I love him. We just a neutral relationship. He stay in his room an I stay in mine. Ya we have a good laugh he and their and we argue as well but that's about it.

So basically I rare go up to my parents and just say I love you straight up. Of course I love them and I treasure them as parents. I just sometimes feel bad because I have never been able to have that supper close relationship to them that I see in families in movies, shows, and books.

Don't get me wrong I'm I can be a very lovable person but for some odd reason It seems that I can't have that with my parents.

I'm just waiting for that right guy to finally make me say "I love you" with no hesitation.

Until then I still have no true meaning for love.

-That_Girl_J