Chapter 5 - What have I done

"ok. so first tell me, did anyone saw your faces there" Michelle breaks the silence in the car.

"not sure but......cameras definitely got us....we have to leave this place ASAP" I am still shocked about what happened there.

"what was that black thing coming out from your body.....Charlie. that thing literally saved our life" mike is also in shock. you don't get to watch that kind of dark show everyday.

"I don't want to know what happened there, call Lucas and tell him to wrap all the things and meet us at highway" Michelle let her frustration out. Mike take out his phone and call Lucas.

"I will explain all the situation after we get to some safe place." Mike hang up the phone.

I am still holding this sword in my hand. I don't know but it feels very strange. It feels like I am burning slowly from inside.

We meet Lucas at highway, and explain him and Michelle all the things happened at the museum.

"are you guys crazy." after listing the whole story, Lucas look directly into my eyes. "I don't expect anything else from mike but......Adam are you out of your mind, this is real life.....not any kind of superhero movie."

"I know Luke but......believe me....there something weird about this sword" I raise that sword towards Lucas. he check and observe it carefully but nothing seems to wrong.

"It's completely normal.....like any other sword" Lucas put the sword in the bag that he bring from house. "now.....no time for more discussion. sun will out in just few hours, we have to get out from the city. I know one place where we can hide for some days"

"what are we going to do with the sword." I don't know why I even asked this question.

"I will talk to buyer.....they can wait for some days. once all the thing get cool down we can get rid of this sword" Lucas starts the car we all get in.

Michelle is still silent after listing everything, she already told us not to take this deal because she is not sure about the buyer's background but we still take the contract of stealing that sword from the museum for one Japanese buyer.

"I am still confused about this....I go throw all the famous and collectable swords but this sword......is not even famous. I don't know why anyone even want this." Michelle close her laptop and take a sip of her sugarless coffee.

"and I am still confused that how you even like the coffee without sugar....look....we don't have to get known that why that buyer want this sword. we just have focus on that he is ready to give us $1000000 for that sword." I take her hands in my and look directly into her eyes.

"we all need this money Michelle.....and what can possibly go wrong when we have a genius like you." I got little closer to her but she pull her hands out. "I know Adam but....my gut felling is telling me that.....something is wrong."

"c'mon.....if something goes wrong....I will be there for....for everyone.....okay" If I have any idea that this sword is going to put us in that kind of trouble....I will never told Michelle this and convince her for that deal.

I don't know when I got into sleep.....car stop near to one wooden house. Lucas get out from the car and go towards one big fatty man...that man hug Lucas so tightly that can even take out all the things he eat last night.

"guys.....this is eddy...eddy Johnson. my brother, we can take rest here for some days" Lucas introduce us to his brother.

"hey....why you never told me that you have a brother.....Mike you also never talked about him"

"I like to be unknown.....I always like to stay away from the city life and live here whit my farm and one stupid dog.....where is she......Tina....Tina" Eddy shout one more time and one big hairy dog appear from the backyard of the house, running towards Mike. Tina jump on mike licking a his face.

"hey hey......slow down buddy....Charlie...man save me.." Mike try to push Tina's face away.

"why, at least finally you find a girl that likes you."

"okay....enough fun for today Tina.....c'mon people......take all the bags and get into the house." eddy throw a biscuit in the air....Tina eat the biscuit and start following the eddy into the house.

the house is actually big...big enough for all of us. now, at least we are away from the city and away from the police.

after the break fast we all sat on the couch, the sword is still in the bag.

"so......did you talked with the buyer" I look at Lucas who is busy with his phone.

"yes......he is ready to take the sword anytime we want and....." before the Lucas finish, "guys...." Michelle stand up and put his laptop's screen towards us "I think you should take a look at this."

"the very old sword is stolen yesterday night from the museum of east village. CCTV record 2 men face covered in mask....stealing the sword and also take down the security guards with some unique weapon"

"this news is everywhere...they know that thief run from that secret path in the toilet and it doesn't take much time to find your names" Michelle turn her laptop back and close it.

"shit.....we don't have much time....we have to deal with this sword tonight" Lucas dial the number and start talking with buyer.

the news is still going in my mind.....what if Sofia get known about this.....what if police will take her for inquiry....what have I done.....I have to fix it.