Chapter - 9

Madam Karin looked into my eyes deeply, like searching for something, and then she starts the tale.

"Hundreds of years ago, there were 2 bladesmiths, MURAMASA and MASAMUNE........they both are the best in their work, making the finest blades.

MURAMASA was a student of MASAMUNE. He is known for his violent and impetuous temper, once he challenged his master to decide who is best in forging swords. MASAMUNE accepted that challenge.

Both worked for days to make the Best sword and, Masamune......made the sword "Yawarakai" which means Soft Hands and Muramasa made the sword "Juuchi Yosamu" which means 10,000 Cold Nights.

They both meet at the river's bank to decide who is best........first Muramasa, to show his sword's sharpness...cut one rock near the river in half. And then, put his sword's blade into the river....... the blade cut everything that comes near his cutting edge, he cuts the fishes, leaves and even the sunlight into 2 pieces."

Madam Karin comes closer to me and takes that sword near my bed. I don't even notice that sword is beside me the whole time.

"Masamune was so proud of his student's skills that day....and then it's Masamune's turn to show his sword. When Masamune put his sword in the river.....the leaves and fishes just go throw the sword, without any harm.....floating into the river, Sunlight also just shining over the sword's blade.

Muramasa started laughing and declared himself the best swordsmith, Masamune didn't say anything, he just takes his sword out of the river, dried it, smiled, and put it back in its sheath."

Madam Karin looked at that sword and said "If only that tale stops there.....we don't have to meet today, but....." she stands up and looked outsides the window.

"One monk is standing there, he sees all this and said there is a sword that is very well-made, is very beautiful and Sharpe, but this sword is anxious to cut and does not discriminate whom or which. But the other sword is certainly is more beautiful and more perfect because her edge is still thinner and does not need to cut what it is innocent and doesn't deserve to be cut. There is a sword that lay down life and another sword that takes it away."

That sword was still in madam Karin's hand, she put it back near to me and said "This is the story that you can see on many books and the internet but, no one knows what happened after that."

"What happened.....does that monk got chopped off by Muramasa...." Mike said with a little laugh....everyone is amazed by Mike's ability to make jokes in this kind of situation.

"No.....but the happened is what that chopped off many people" Madam Karin sit near to me.

"After hearing monk's thoughts...Muramasa considers himself defeated and insulted also....by his nature he gets angry quickly and made some deeds that don't benefit anyone at all. Muramasa cursed his sword "Juuchi Yosamu" and throw it into that river. With the current of the river, the sword reached at one village and one farmer found it."

Madam Karin look at that sword again and said "that was the time when the real story began.....because of the curse of the Muramasa, the sword destroy the life of every person who own it and also take away all he loved. Death is the only way you can get separated by this sword. After the years of destruction, this sword comes into my husband's hand."

Madam Karin takes her husband's photo.....tears coming out of her old eyes." We know that there is no way we can stop this sword's curse other than my husband has to sacrifice his life....by taking this sword far away from humanity with him."

"With him.....but why... you can break it or....buried in somewhere," I said out of curiosity.

"We tried....but nothing works...the cursed can't be broken or buried or trapped....it can only be held, by someone."

"What exactly this curse is..."

"Muramasa gave this sword the cursed that Every owner of this sword will be dragged down to his personality's last stage of bloodthirstiness and madness, the sword will make his owner the greatest destroyer, make him the invincible that can't feel the pain.

Sword drag his owner to kill his every enemy at any cost....and if his bloodthirst doesn't satisfy there, it will start killing his own family and friends......after all, that when the owner has no one to kill...no one to defeat....his bloodthirst will take his own blood too......and then sword starts to find the new owner to satisfy his bloodthirst."