Chapter 7

(Y/N)'s eyes shot open and she immediately stood up, regretting it because of the sudden head rush but she couldn't think about that now. She saw that the Valers were beginning to crowd the entrance of the East Doors. (Y/N) faced the Maze and squinted her eyes to see Sonya and Harriet.

When she saw her two friends she was overjoyed, but that joy was gone when she saw that Harriet was unconscious and Sonya was dragging her. She also saw that Sonya had blood on many parts of her body. (Y/N) immediately ran towards her friends.

"Katie! We need your help!" (Y/N) yelled.

Katie left the crowd of Valers to head out into the Maze. When both (Y/N) and Katie reached Harriet and Sonya, Katie carried Harriet and (Y/N) helped out Sonya by letting her lean on her.

"I'm so glad you guys are back," (Y/N) said to Sonya.

"We're not back yet," Sonya grunted.

It was then the four Valers heard the groaning of the Maze Doors. Their eyes widened and tried to quicken their paste, knowing that they can make it. Katie was strong and she easily carried Harriet to the Vale. (Y/N) saw that Katie was about to turn around and try to help them, but (Y/N) told her not to.

"Take Harriet to Joan!" (Y/N) commanded her. "Come on Sonya. Just a little further," (Y/N) pleaded to Sonya who was clearly trying.

(Y/N) looked up at the doors and saw that they were really near to closing. Breathing out, (Y/N) carried Sonya bridal style and she ran as fast as she could. Sonya wrapped her hands around (Y/N)'s neck and (Y/N) pulled her closer to her.

Just in the nick of time, the both of them got past the Doors and we're back to the safety of the Vale. The Valers were all cheering and clapping since their friends made it back into the Vale. But (Y/N) didn't stop to celebrate and sprinted towards the Croaker's Hut. She still doesn't know the extent of Sonya's injuries but just wishes that she'd get treated as soon as possible.

"(Y/N)," Sonya started to say. She sounded so tired and (Y/N) didn't want her to tire herself.

"Shhhh. You're safe now. You're okay."

"Harriet-"

"She's safe as well," (Y/N) cut her off.

"No, (Y/N) listen-"

"Please don't talk," she pleaded, "conserve you strength. You can tell me what happened later."

To (Y/N), it really seemed like what Sonya wanted to tell her was important. But she couldn't care less about it now because she's just glad that her friends are back and safe. Sonya just listened to what (Y/N) said and just stayed silent until they reached the Croaker's Hut.

(Y/N) went inside the hut and gave no thought about Aris and laid Sonya on a cot. Joan was busy taking care of Harriet and the only other Croaker besides her is Jane.

There were only four beds in the hut and there were curtains in between and in front of each cot for privacy. There were two taken beds. One was Aris' and the other was Harriet's. (Y/N) couldn't see what was happening with Harriet, but she could see Joan moving about inside.

"Jane!" (Y/N) called out to her, wherever she was. "Sonya needs your help!"

"I asked Jane to get something from the supplies for Harriet," Joan said as she hid Sonya's cot with the curtains.

"Well here's Sonya. What can I do to help?" (Y/N) placed her hands on her hips.

"Clean her up. Jane will be back soon with the serum."

(Y/N) stopped short and she suddenly paled. "Serum?"

When the first Valers were brought up here, there were five serums with them. They had no idea what it was for until they read the note and saw that it was for those who might get stung by Grievers. They used the Serum once before, leaving four left for now.

"Harriet got stung?" (Y/N) asked even if she already knew the answer. Joan just nodded and went over to Harriet.

(Y/N) then took a towel, washed it in water, and started to wash off the blood from Sonya's arms. She was trying to let the news sink in. Harriet may have gotten back safely, but that doesn't guarantee that she will live. The first girl whom they used the Serum for died after four days.

"Thank you Jane," Joan's voice brought (Y/N) back to reality. "(Y/N) I need you to hold down Harriet. Jane will be in charge of Sonya."

(Y/N) look at Sonya with a nervous and anxious expression. Sonya lifted her hand and squeezed (Y/N)'s. As if telling her that it'll be alright. So (Y/N) left Sonya's side and went over to Harriet.

(Y/N) saw Harriet and she was sleeping, but she doesn't look peaceful like Aris earlier. She seemed to be having a troubled sleep. (Y/N) saw purple lines on Harriet's leg and they were spreading. The sight sent chills in (Y/N)'s spine. It was then she noticed that Katie was also here and she was also staring at Harriet's leg.

"(Y/N), I need you to hold Harriet's shoulders and Katie, I need you to hold her ankles. Just try to keep her still."

Both Katie and (Y/N) went to their positions and watched in anticipation as Joan was going to inject the Serum. Joan took a deep breath before injecting the serum on Harriet's leg, where she was stung. Harriet let out a wail when the Serum touched her leg. Both (Y/N) and Katie's grip on the girl got tighter. When the entire Serum was in her system, Harriet was now in a drugged sleep.

"Good job guys," Joan said. "I think that we can take it from here."

"Okay," they nodded.

"I'm going to just check up on the boy before I wash up," (Y/N) informed Joan.

"Okay. Good," she nodded.

Katie left the hut while (Y/N) went over to check up on Aris. She expected to see the boy peacefully asleep through all of the commotion. But the sight that she was greeted with wasn't one she needed or expected.

The boy was awake and he has somehow escaped.

"This day just keeps getting better and better," (Y/N) cursed under her breath.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow
- Once_Upon_A_Glade (My Wattpad account)

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade