Chapter 23

A/N: Guys this is the last chapter.

Aris saw the bullet coming straight towards him. As much as he wanted to move, the bullet was at a close proximity. Any movement from him would be of no use. He accepted his fate.

He stared at the eyes of the girl who was going to take his life. The eyes were cold, hard, and angry. But they changed when she shot the bullet. It was as if she was blindfolded at first and now she saw the light. She saw the truth. And the truth is that she was too late.

But the bullet didn't hit Aris.

Rachel came in between and took the bullet for Aris leaving everyone shocked.

(Y/N) dropped the gun and was frozen in place. Sonya took the gun and pointed it at (Y/N). Everyone saw that she was stung and there's no going back from that.

With tears in her eyes, Sonya looked at her best friend. She thought she was dead but she was worse. The (Y/N) standing in front of her wasn't the (Y/N) that she knew. And she knew that she was never coming back.

"I'm sorry." Sonya shot (Y/N) to the heart.

Aris heard the second gunshot and looked up. He was still in shock of having Rachel take the bullet from him. Now he saw that (Y/N) got shot.

How could he lose two partners at the same day?

Aris stood up and was going to (Y/N) but Harriet held him back. So he just stood there, watching as (Y/N) lied on the ground. The bullet was at her chest. She was curled on the ground, lying in her pool of blood. Aris could hear her ragged breathes. He wanted to go near her.

(Y/N) can you hear me? He tried to talk to her telepathically.

But there was no answer.

He tried Rachel but her reply was weak.

"Aris we have to go," Harriet pulled Aris's arm.

Aris turned around and saw that there were a bunch of men dressed in black. They were armed and they were headed for the Valers. But they weren't harming them. Aris knew them and he knew what would happen next.

Phase One was complete. Time for Phase Two.

But Aris didn't want to leave. His two partners were lying on the ground. Both were dying. He wanted to stay and hold the both of them until they let go of their last breath.

"Aris come on!" Harriet yelled.

But he knew he had to.

-

The two girls were lying on the cold ground. Both were in their pool of blood. How ironic. Both of Aris's partners were here and both were dying. The original partner and the replacement.

(Y/N) was looking at Rachel and Rachel was looking at (Y/N).

"I'm sorry," (Y/N) said.

Her eyes stayed on the girl. The bullet she shot was on her stomach. But there was something else. (Y/N) saw something on Rachel's leg that was the same as the one on (Y/N)'s arm.

Rachel was also stung.

(Y/N) didn't expect Rachel to say anything but she opened her mouth and said her last words. "We were being used. We were all being used."

That was also the last thing (Y/N) heard before she closed her eyes and welcomed death.

A/N: There was supposed to be an epilogue but I thought against it. Sorry. But don't worry, there will be a sequel.

When?

I have no idea.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade