Chapter 22

(Y/N) woke up feeling disoriented. The room was spinning. There was pain in her arm where she was stung. She blinked and squinted her eyes to see where she was.

She saw that she was in the same room that she stayed in for so many years. The room that contained many memories. Memories that she thought she erased but they were back. She looked at herself and saw that she was bloody and dirty. Her clothes were torn and tattered.

She looked at her arm and saw where the Griever stung her. Her arm was now dark, especially around where she was stung. It almost looked like it was infected which it was.

The effect of the sting got her to have her memories back. But they were all jumbled and mixed. She couldn't decipher what was right and wrong. She doesn't know what's true and not. Everything was confusing.

She tried to stand but her knees buckled. Her head ached. Pain was flaring in her arm and ran through her entire body.

WICKED is good.

Aris.

Chancellor Paige.

Best friends.

WICKED isn't good.

Someone barged inside her room. She couldn't see their faces but one was wearing a white lab coat while the other was wearing all black. The one in white helped her up and she let them. That was until she saw their uniforms were labeled "WICKED."

Her breathe hitched. "WICKED isn't good," she mumbled.

Filled with the adrenaline from the serum that the Griever gave her, she hit the person in white. The blow sent them tumbling down and they hit the person in black. The both of them were on the ground. (Y/N) immediately made her way to the person in black and took his gun.

She immediately ran out of the room. She ran around the hallways, not knowing where she was going. She only relied on the bits and pieces of her memory that were coming back. She was still a little hazy. Too many thoughts inside her head.

She stumbled and tripped. But the gun was still in her hand.

A searing pain shot from her arm where she was stung. She screamed in agony. The pain was running through her entire body. She cried because the pain was too much. Not just the physical pain but the mental one as well.

How does it feel for your mind to be such a maze that you couldn't get out?

How ironic that she was stuck in a Maze for three years. Now her mind is a maze and she couldn't find a way out.

She could've stayed there curled up. But then she heard a voice, no voices. She knew those voices. They were the Valers. They were there. They were alive.

(Y/N) gripped her gun and leaned on the wall. She had to get to them. But each step she took, she got more confused.

Who was good? Who was bad? Who was the one who left? Her or Aris?

Aris's name kept on repeating in her head as well as WICKED's.

She knew that she must stay still and get herself oriented. But she had to go to the voices. There was pull and an urge to go there.

As she got closer, she tried to tell herself what was the truth.

WICKED is good. Aris is my best friend.

"No," she stopped.

WICKED isn't good. Aris is my best friend.

Pain flared in her arms.

WICKED isn't good. Aris is my best friend.

Then her legs.

WICKED isn't good. Aris is my best friend.

Her feet.

Once again, she fell on all fours. The room was spinning once again. She groaned as she tried to stand. Her arm was hurting badly. It felt as if it was on fire. Hot tears spilled all over her face.

"WICKED," she groaned. "WICKED is good. Aris is-"

More voices.

"Aris is good. WICKED is my best friend? No that doesn't sound right."

"Aris is bad."

She stood up and walked and got closer and closer to the voices.

"Aris is bad."

"Aris is bad."

She made it to a door. She opened it with the same sentence repeating her head.

She went in the room and it was dark. But she could make out voices. She raised her hand and she felt a light switch. She opened the lights and saw a crowd of girls in front of her. But there was one boy in the sea of girls.

He made himself known to her. (Y/N) remembered him. The same fair hair, light skin, but different eyes. Those eyes that used to be light and happy. Those eyes were now filled with so many emotions that she couldn't comprehend.

"(Y/N)?" He said her name.

"Aris," she mumbled.

The name was so familiar. So beautiful. But there was something else that came with the name. The memories as well. But she couldn't trust her memories.

Then she remembered. "Aris is bad."

Without hesitation, (Y/N) pointed the gun at Aris and shot him.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade