Same Yet Different 1

He's there. He's always there.

Shadow the Hedgehog, the ultimate lifeform. The android mobian hedgehog made by the grandfather of Dr. Eggman for a young sick girl named Maria.

But now, they're both gone from his immortal life. Now, he's trying to find a place in the world. With us.

With me.

I'm Sonic the Hedgehog and I'll tell ya how I met the hedgehog that I fell in love with but can't have.

I'm Prince Sonic the Hedgehog, one of the princes of Möbius and one of the sons of Aleena the Hedgehog and Bernadette the Hedgehog.

I have a big sister, Princess Sonia the Hedgehog, who inherited the throne since she was old enough to and since our mothers were away with our uncles Jules and Chuck and/or when they went to a different island for a relaxing vacation.

I have like 3 brothers; 2 older and 1 younger so I'm like the middle child since there's five of us.

My older brother Prince Manic the Hedgehog is a street thief, since he and the rest of us don't have a place in throne much, while my older identical triplet brother Prince Maurice the Hedgehog is an assassin/a head assassin of a team called Black Death, supported by our wealthy big sister.

Our little brother/youngest identical triplet brother Prince Ogilvie the Hedgehog is a police officer/a chief police officer of the Möbius Protection Force or the MPF, which was also supported by our sister dearest.

Having different jobs, my siblings and I decided to split. Sonia stayed in Mobotropolis, in Northern Möbius, Maurice set up Black Death Headquarters in Western Möbius for his assassins and officers while Ogilvie established the MPF Base in Eastern Möbius and hired a couple of police officers to help him.

As for me and Manic, we went to Southern Möbius but we also had to split up. Manic just went to the city and lived as a sneaky street thief and a nomad. I went to the villages to follow and vanquish Eggman and became the infamous Hero of Möbius.

We were all happy. Well, all except for me.

I mean, Sonia had Tikal, Knuckles's sister, to accompany her at the palace since Tikal became her royal servant a few years ago and now, her recent girlfriend.

Manic WAS a nomad and a street thief in the city. Now, he's with Knuckles in Angel Island to help him guard the Master Emerald and to keep him company. Of course, this resulted them to getting to know each other and now, they were together as a couple.

Maurice rescued Shadow's brother, Eclipse the Darkling and our old enemy, Nazo from G.U.N Prison and they joined him. They both, however, were attracted to my older identical triplet brother and fight constantly. Up until now, Maurice hasn't decided who to choose, even though he did say he liked Eclipse more than Nazo.

Ogilvie, on the other hand, accidentally opened a portal and it brought Shadow's counterpart, Sir Lancelot, a Knight of the Knights of the Round Table of King Arthur, to our world. Ogilvie had to welcome him to his base. Soon, they became very close and they ended up together too.

Only I was miserable. I was alone at home, up until now.

Tails used to live with me but he's 14 years old now and intelligent so he got his own house.

Amy still bothered me but not so often cause she mainly focused on her cafe with Cream and Gia.

Anyway, enough of just me and my stupid life. Now, I wanna tell you about the day I met Shadow.

We were on Earth, a place in which Gia, our dimension-traveling friend, came from. In our world, she was an orange mobian cat but on Earth, she was a human with brown hair.

One night, while we were staying at the mansion of Gia's friend, Chris, I realized that I was being framed of causing trouble in the streets when I was just sitting still on a chair for once in my life. I was determined to find out why and when I did, my heart nearly stopped.

In front of me stood an ebony hedgehog with red stripes all over his fur and quills. His lower quills were raised upwards as he wore red hovers by his feet. Rings were around his wrists and ankles as he smirks at me in a devious way.

That's the day I met a new enemy, a rival to test how fast I can go and if I can improve my speed.

I wish the word 'rival' was the only way I see Shadow. Unfortunately, it was not. Not even close.

When Shadow started to work for G.U.N, which was a rival army next to the Black Death and the MPF, and started to hang out with us because of Rouge, I started to see him in a new way.

His ruby red eyes shine as bright as an actual gem. His fur illuminated in the light as his looks were so intimidating that it made me nearly faint in admiration. His arms were surprisingly full of muscles, so hard and tough while his strength was as great as Sonia's.

Sadly, I can't have him. Why? I can give you three reasons.

One, I'm not sure if he's gay.
Two, he's still depressed about his love for Maria so he won't give me a chance.
And three, I'm his rival. Friendly or not, he sees me as a rival ONLY, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, right now, I'm at the park, walking to relax my self after a battle with Eggman. As I do, my eyes light up to see Shadow running slowly to my direction.

"Hey, Shads!" I greet but he ignores and passes me, bumping my shoulder as he yells at the person he's calling with his phone.

"I DON'T CARE IF IT'S IMPORTANT, ROUGE!" he shouts, making everyone else stare at him in shock or confusion. "IT WAS MY DAY OFF, YOU BITCH! TELL THAT FUCKING COMMANDER OF OURS THAT HE BETTER HAVE GOOD DAMN EXPLANATION ON CALLING ME ON MY DAY OFF!!!"

He hangs up and sees the crowd so he sends a glare. "What the fuck are you freaks looking at?!"

They yelp and run off but I remain, staring at Shadow fearfully yet I try to hide my fear. I walk up to him with my usual FAKE smile.

"Hey, Shads!" I greet again, hoping to get SOMETHING from it this time.

"What do you want from me this time, Faker?" he growls and folds his arms. Well, at least I have his attention.

"Wanted to ask why you're madder than usual, that's all," I shrug with a cocky face.

"None of your business!" he snaps.

I roll my eyes. "Yeesh, I was just curious,"

"Well, don't be!" he turns away from me. "It isn't YOUR business so get the fuck away from me!"

My ears fold and pin to my skull but I still force a smile in my face and try to hold back the tears threatening to fall. I nod and turn.

"O–Okay..." I suppress my shaking voice and slowly walk. "I...I'll go..."

With that, I leave him alone and once I was far, I collapse on a bench and let the tears roll down my cheeks.

I love him...but he hates me...