The Fight

It was a slow day in the Chaotix Detective Agency HQ. Espio was on a mat on the floor, meditating while Vector sat on the couch, bobbing his head to the music on his headphones.

The day seemed so slow for the chameleon. He gave a sigh and opened an eye to peek at his crocodile comrade.

Vector was totally engrossed with the music, his thick, scaly tail flicking at rhythm. A grin rested on his snout as his muscular hands resting behind his head. His eyes were closed, his mind possibly forming an image that resembled the music. The gold chain around his neck jingled up and down while his scales seem to glisten at the sun shining through the window.

Espio felt his scales burn up and his body change to pink as he eyed the bigger reptile.

'He's perfect.' he thought with a small smile, which soon faltered with a sigh. 'Too bad he can never be mine.'

The sigh was too loud and Vector opened his eyes. Espio was in panic and shut his eyes, forcing his body color to turn back to purple to not earn suspicion.

"Yo, Esp?"

"Mm?" Espio opened an eye innocently. "Yes?"

"Ya okay? I heard a sigh,"

"Really now?" Espio chuckled and opened both eyes. "I'm surprised you heard anything through your headphones,"

Vector grinned. "Well, my music IS loud but I was still able to hear ya,"

Espio gulped, turning away to avoid the question. The crocodile noticed this and sighed. He turned off the music and stood up then he folded his arms.

"Are we seriously having this AGAIN, Esp?"

Espio turned his head back to him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Ya know what I mean. Every since we met, you've been keeping lots of things from me and Charmy and it's really irritating!"

Espio frowned and folded his arms at the outburst. Vector knew that even if he tried to reason with him, the chameleon wasn't gonna talk.

"Hello!" the croc waved his hands around his comrade. "Are you getting deaf?! Or did you forgot to read between the lines?!"

"I'm not as forgetful as you are, Vector," Espio calmly said.

"Then why aren't you answering me?!"

"Because I don't want to. Is that a problem?"

"Yes!" Vector gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. "It is a VERY big problem, Espio! Charmy and I told you EVERYTHING about us and our past while you gave us NOTHING but silence and mystery! Seriously, I have NO idea how we were able to get along with you, after all those years of YOU hiding secrets from us! I'm tired of it! Why do you keep so much from us?!"

"WHAT PAST DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU?!" Espio yelled, tears rolling down his cheeks as he clenched his fist and felt his heart breaking into two. "DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU HOW AWFUL MY LIFE WAS WHEN I WAS YOUNG?! HOW HAPPY I WAS WITH MY PARENTS UNTIL MY OWN FATHER KILLED MY MOTHER?! HOW SCARRED I WAS WHEN I SAW HIM KILL HIMSELF?! HOW MUCH I MOURNED BOTH OF THEIR DEATHS?! HOW I ENDED UP IN THE HANDS OF THAT FUCKED-UP BASTARD NAMED FERRELL?! HOW MY HONORABLE NAME TURNED INTO DIRT WHEN I WAS TAUGHT HOW TO STEAL?! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU?!"

Vector gasped, taken back as he took a step away from the enraged chameleon, whose scales had turned red in rage. Espio fell on his knees and cried in his hands, not caring if his so-called friend was watching.

He didn't care. Especially if the other didn't either.

"Espio..."

"NO!" Espio stood up, his golden eyes flaming angrily. "I WILL NOT SHUT MY MOUTH AND LET YOU TORMENT ME WITH YOUR DISHONORABLE AND SEVERELY DISRESPECTFUL WORDS!"

He turned away from the crocodile and began to walk off. "I...I've had enough..."

Then he ran. Ran through the door and far from the shack.

Vector was perplexed, not realizing how much Espio's been through as he froze. At the same time, Charmy came in the house, after a long day at Vanilla and Cream's.

"Vector?" he asked the crocodile he looked up at as a father ever since before. "What happened to Espio? I saw him run out of here with tears!"

"Uh..." Vector shook his head from his trance. "He's fine, Charmy. We just had an...argument,"

"Do you...think he'll come back?"

Vector patted the bee's head reassuringly. "Sure, he will, kiddo,"

Charmy smiled and nodded then he flew off to his room to play his video games. Vector sighed and frowned.

'I hope he does come back...'