The Incident

The group were greeted with lights and music as they entered the doors of Club Rouge. They gasped at the sight of a lot of creatures; mobians and humans; male, female, gay, lesbian, bisexuals, and transgenders.

"Woah," Manic looked worried as his ears pinned. "This is A LOT of people..."

"Drunk, sober, perverted..." Sonic shivered at the thought.

Espio shook his head and placed his hands on each of his hedgehog friends' shoulder. "Calm yourselves and everything will be alright. Don't think of things too much,"

"Espio's right," Knuckles, who had been to Club Rouge's more than twice, agreed. "Keep calm and scurry on!"

He spotted Rouge by the bar and went to greet her. Manic noticed this and panicked.

"Wait for me!" he grabbed his younger brother's wrist and pulled him along.

"Woah!" Sonic went into panic too and grabbed Espio's arm by instinct.

The said chameleon was startled but simply let his friends drag him behind. Knuckles was in a middle of a conversation with the bat when his boyfriend bumped into him, sending the lime hedgehog down.

"Argh!" Manic fell on his head, which he rubbed before he yelped when Sonic and Espio came crashing down.

"Oh, sorry, Manic!" the azure hedgehog got off his older brother immediately.

"Are you alright?" the chameleon asked, helping his best friend up.

"No..." Manic huffed and turned away with a growl. "I was left alone in a place I don't know,"

Knuckles shook his head and sighed. He wrapped his arms around the lime hedgehog and nuzzled the said hedgehog's neck.

"Come on now, Manny, don't be that way," the echidna pouted, trying to get his lover to talk to him.

"So, this is the one you chose, huh, Knux?" Rouge chuckled as she looked over them. "Have to admit, you two are kinda cute together,"

Espio sighed and folded his arms while Sonic's ears pinned down as he looked down. Rouge noticed this but chose to ignore it to not worsen the situation. Manic just rolled his eyes.

"You just HAD to leave me be, you bastard," he snapped.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Knuckles tried harder. "Come on, Manny..."

"Fine," the lime hedgehog sighed and turned to face the red echidna, swiftly wrapping his around the other's neck. "just DON'T do that again, 'kay?"

"Promise," Knuckles smiled and briefly kissed him.

Espio sighed, feeling slightly uncomfortable so he turned away then he went to another bar and began to drink some strong alcohol that he bought without a second thought.

Sonic didn't drink so he had no idea what to do on an awkward situation like that. He looked about and finally chose to turn to Rouge.

"Uh, Rouge," he spoke up, in a nervous way. "what do you do in your club, exactly?"

"Drink and party, Blue," the white bat winked. "Honestly, I didn't know you drank anything,"

"Oh, I don't. Knuckles dragged me and Espio in here with my older brother Manic,"

"Oh, I see. Well," she grinned and turned to a familiar dark figure sitting by a seat in the bar she was hidden behind in. "why don't you talk over to Red Stripes there?"

Sonic looked over and gasped with wide eyes. "Red Stripes? You mean Shadow? What's he doing here?"

"Got stressed by the commander this week so he stomped over here to think his life over. He's been here for the whole day and wouldn't leave until he was satisfied,"