six.

"traitor !" a loud, cheerful voice echoes in the kitchen, grabbing the attention of the host. the man watches, amused, as the brunette points an accusing finger at his blonde other half. "you called shotgun on the brownies but i did on the cookies !"

sam can't help but let out a chuckle, shaking his head slightly before he finishes the chocolate chip cookie he has in hands. "you were too slow and the cookies were calling for me. i couldn't just ignore them."

colby squints his bright blue eyes, a spark of playfulness dancing in them as he slowly approaches his dear boyfriend. "i see how it is, samuel. guess i'm just gonna have to ignore you whenever you call for affection from now on."

"woah there, babe, hold your horses." sam's eyes widen comically, earning a snicker from elton. "that's a little too far, don't you think ?"

"sam wouldn't survive." elton chimes in with a laugh.

ocean eyes narrowed, sam glares at his best friend. "and why's that ?"

the other shrugs, leaning against the doorframe and crossing his arms over his chest. "it's pretty obvious you can't keep your hands off your boyfriend for more than one minute."

rolling his eyes, sam scoffs. "yes i can." and to prove his stubborn statement, he takes a step back, away from colby, whose lips instantly form a pout.

the latter then rolls his eyes and walks over to the coffee machine, turning it on before rummaging through the cupboards as if it was his own house, which it honestly feels like. he quickly finds a mug and a couple minutes later, it's filled with hot coffee along with two teaspoons of sugar.

"he loves coffee more than he loves me anyway." sam decides to joke, causing the group to laugh slightly.

sam and colby's friends always find the couple's banters adorable, they're endearing. the way they playfully fight, eyes filled with love despite how mad they try to act and lips twitching to smile, they do it like no other.

with a roll of his blue eyes, colby takes a sip of his coffee, not even bothered by the burn on his tongue. "no shit, samuel."

"it's about to go down." a whisper is heard from the doorway and every head turn towards the newcomer, his hair pink enough to be seen from miles away.

"just like you went down on aaron, jake." sam shoots back, amused smirk on his mouth.

colby almost chokes on his drink at the blonde's unexpected response and he coughs a few times, clearing his throat until he can breathe again.

jake's mouth hangs open, eyes so wide they could've popped out of their sockets, blood creeping to his cheeks and tainting his face with a bashful pink. "that only happened once !"

"yet we'll always remember." elton groaned, his nose scrunching up as he unwillingly recalls the memory he's trying desperately to erase.

"not my fault aaron's loud as fuck." jake grumbles. "now can we please go back to sam and colby ? ten bucks colby's the one who caves in first."

"have you been listening to us this whole time ?" elton asks as he raises his eyebrows, surprise clear on his face. when jake nods, he reaches his hand out for the pink-haired man to shake. "deal."

both sam and colby laugh in disbelief, not even offended by the bet their friends have just made. if there's something they have in common, it's their stubbornness and although they have nothing to lose, taking part of the deal sounds like fun.

without another word elton grabs the trays of cookies and brownies and brings them back to the living room, his friends on his heels. they all sit down on the couches or the carpeted floor, greeted by a smiling katrina, a smaller body snuggling to her side on the loveseat. the blue of her hair clashes with the red of her girlfriend's hair, showing just how different the two girls are yet it creates a sort of harmony, perhaps because of the love they always seem to exhume.

"hallelujah !" amanda exclaims dramatically, sitting up a bit to grab a cookie from the tray elton is handing to her, taking one for kat as well. "i thought we were gonna have to drag y'all out of there by the ass."

after going around the group, elton sets the trays on the coffee table, next to colby's half-full cup of coffee. "we were talking business." he jokes, earning confused looks from the girls but brushing it off as he grabs the remote and switches the tv on.

it takes a while for them to find a movie worth watching, they're over at elton's house so often they've probably seen every movie there is on netflix.

jake rests his head on elton's shoulder, a gesture that's completely platonic unlike the way corey cuddles close to the older man, heart swelling with love when elton wraps an arm around his middle to pull him closer. kat and amanda are still holding each other on the loveseat but this time sam's seated by their feet. it doesn't bother the two girls though, and soon amanda starts playing with his hair in a kind of protective manner, being older than the boy.

they're a tight group, they're all aware of where each boundary lays and that's very helpful when one of them is in need of comfort or affection. they never cross lines yet are still always there for each other.

towards the middle of the movie a movement catches everyone's eye. it's colby crawling across the room before turning around and leaning back against sam's chest, his head resting on the blonde's shoulder.

jake watches with knowing eyes before whispering to elton, most likely letting him know the older man now owes jake ten dollars.

"what happened to no more affection, hm ?" sam teases but still snakes his arms around colby's waist, pressing a tender kiss to his temple.

colby sighs contently, eyes trailed on the television and voice quiet and soft. "guess i can't keep my hands off you either."

•   •   •

merry christmas, y'all. you deserve to have a good time today and remember that you don't owe anyone anything. i love you all.