IX.

"Within a few moments everything can turn from hope to fear. But in this world, what did we expect?"

IX.

I fall asleep content in his arms, this was one of the best nights I have had in forever.

I wake up to the rise and fall of Shane's chest. I was wrapped around him with my head on his chest and he had his arm wrapped around me. I take a few minutes to just feel this moment. Waking up from last night's events on a soft couch buried under blankets with a warm Shane to cuddle with. It almost feels to good to be true. Yet here I was.

I start to wonder what time it is and if everyone else is up. As if on cue I hear some voices from the hall as they pass the door. Guess it must be time to get up and get some food.

I look up at Shane, he looks so stress free when he's sleeping. He's always so worried and always making sure every little thing is in order for group's safety. He does so much to protect us all and I wish he didn't put all this weight on his shoulders.

I sigh and sit up a little. I run my hands down his abs and go down until I'm met with the jade tattoo. I trace over it still not believing that he did this and the fact that he did it so long ago too. I lean down and place a kiss there and then trail my kisses up his stomach. He starts to stir once I get to his chest, he opens his eyes when I start to place kisses on his collarbone and neck. Finally I pull away to look at his face.

"That's a nice way to wake up." His voice is deep and groggy. I smile and place a kiss on his nose then one on his lips.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you but I think everyone is up for breakfast." He pulls me so I'm straddling him and I lay my head on his shoulder as he hugs me to him. Our bodies still bare against each other.

"S'okay, darling." He slides his hand up to play with my hair and I moan wanting to fall back asleep. We stay like that for a few minutes more until I sigh and sit up on him. He looks me up and down.

"You should get dressed before I take you all over again." He says. I laugh and get off him. I slide back on my underwear on the floor and then grab a black shirt from my bag and slip it on. Shane starts to get up and starts to dress himself as well. I throw on some jeans and then put on my boots. I go into the bathroom and run my hands through my hair. It's weird considering for awhile we had nothing to look at. We just put on our clothes and went about our day not knowing or caring how we looked. I look in the mirror, my already tanned skin had a certain glow to it that. My parents and especially Carl were so pale in comparison to me, I tanned so easily and they burned easily. The Georgia heat had always done wonders for my skin in the summer so I wouldn't have to go to tanning beds like a few of my friends did.

I run my fingers through my hair to get some tangles out, Shane had fun pulling on it last night.

"Ready?" Shane says as I walk out of the bathroom. He was now dressed in some tan loose jeans with a tight black shirt tucked in.

"Should we check to see if the coast is clear first before we walk out together?" I suggest. He laughs but opens the door slightly sticking his head out.

"We're clear." He says but before he can walk out I pull him and close the door. I reach up to bring him down to kiss me.

"What was that for?" He raises his brow as he cups my face.

"Because we can't do it out there." I shrug, he smiles and places another kiss on my lips.

"You good now?" He asks. I steal one more kiss and nod.