X.

"Once again, the earth crumbles beneath my feet threatening to swallow me whole."

X.

After a few minutes go by and they have passed we finally crawl out from underneath the cars. I assumed everything was okay till we heard a scream, "Sofia!"

Turned out two walkers still lurked around the cars Sofia and Carl were under and when Sofia tried to get out the walkers chased her into the woods. Dad had run off after them but came back with nothing, he then took Daryl, Glenn, and Shane out to look again. Carol was in hysterics while my mom tried to calm her down. I hadn't let of go of Carl since it happened. He was right there, it could have easily been him. After awhile Shane and Glenn come back saying the other two had it covered. They start moving cars to clear the way.

"J, I'm okay. Can we look around, please." Carl says as he looks up at me with pleading eyes and I can't say no. We walk around some cars till Carl spots a walker inside a truck with an axe in their arm.

"Can you get it?" Carl asks. I sigh, we shouldn't be messing with the cars with walkers in them but the tool might come in use. I tell him to step back as I open the truck door. I slowly lean over the walker and try grabbing the axe, I could now tell it was in some sort of wrap. It wouldn't budge at first then finally it came free. I backed away and closed the door while handing it to Carl.

"It's an arsenal!" He says happily as he sets it down and unfolds it.

"Yes it is. Be careful." I say as he takes the axe out.

"Carl, what are you doing? Put that down." I turn to see mom walking over.

"It's so sharp! Can I keep it?" He asks her.

"Are you crazy?" She takes it from him and Carl pouts.

"You let him have this." She motions towards the axe and then the other tools.

"He was just checking it out. No harm done. Besides he might need to defend himself if the time comes." I tell her shrugging.

"No. He's still a kid, these aren't toys. I don't even want you using one let alone that damn gun." She motions toward the gun on my hip. I roll my eyes, of course. Still treating me like a child even though I helped defend them when the camp was under attack and when we were getting out of the C.D.C.

"Carl, why don't you take the tools to Shane? Go show him." I say. If this breaks out into a screaming match I don't want him listening. Mom clenches her jaw but hands him the axe and Carl wraps it up again and walks away.

"This gun has protected us. We need to carry weapons and maybe Carl might be a little too young but a small weapon might not hurt. The axe wasn't the best idea but he needs a form of self defense too." I state crossing my arms.

"We have your father and the other guys to protect us and carry around weapons. He doesn't need one."

"It's not just about protecting him. It's about how he feels. He might feel safer with a knife in his back pocket in case anything goes wrong."

"I'm not going to continue arguing with you. He doesn't need a weapon and he won't get one. I'll talk to your father about you having that gun too."

"Jesus Christ, you hear yourself? All you ever do is treat me like a damn child-"

"That's because you are one!" She throws her hands up in the air. When I see her angry face I realize she's not going to stop with this and I don't want to get more upset. I'm tired of fighting with her especially about pointless shit. Now I understand how dad feels because she always makes something out of nothing.