XIII.

"I want whatever gives me you. Don't you see that?"

XIII.

Waking up in my tent alone felt foreign. I had gotten so use to sleeping in Shane's tent and saying I was sleeping in my own tent. I had one set up with my stuff but I never actually spent the night in it.
I hear commotion going on outside so I get up and slip on my clothes. Once I get outside I see Carol has cooked some breakfast as usual.
"Morning, honey." She says and starts to serve me a plate.

"Thanks, Carol." I smile at her and take a seat by Glenn. Shane sat on the other side of the circle by T and I could feel his eyes on me.

"How's it going, Glenn?" I ask him. I hadn't really spoken to him in a while. He was always going on runs with Maggie and from what I could tell they were totally hooking up.

"Good, everything's good? Why?" He looks worried and scared. I look around to see everyone minding their own business as I look back over to Glenn and scoot closer to him.

"Glenn, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I need to tell the group something." He states, wringing his hands together.

"Okay?" He stands up and takes in a deep breath.

"Uh, guys." Everyone looks his way, "there's walkers in the barn." My eyes widen and I almost choke on the eggs I was eating. Everyone is now alert and Rick stands up.

"What?"

Glenn took us down to the barn and sure enough there was walkers, if you listened closely you could hear their growls. I can't believe we've been just minding our own business and sleeping while there was walkers this close to us.

"This is not okay, man." Shane says.

"No, it's not. But this isn't our land." Rick tells him.

"We either leave or we take these walkers out. We've been talking about going to Fort Benning for awhile." Shane explains as the rest of the group looks on.

"We can't leave." Rick states.

"Why not?"

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol speaks up. I felt bad but it had been a little over a week, I don't think there was any way Sophia could have survived out there for that long but I wasn't going to say that to her.

"Carol..." Shane sighs, his eyes meet mine and I shake my head already knowing he was going to try and suggest that Sophia might be dead. Sure we might all be thinking it but doesn't mean we need to throw it in Carol's face as if she wasn't thinking it too.

"Look, I ain't okay with this. We sleep right over there. We need to talk to Hershel." Shane explains.

"I'll talk to him, for now we have people keep watch around here. Just because we haven't had any accidents yet doesn't mean it can't happen." Rick explains to the group which calms everyone down. We all eventually go back to what we were doing but now we were more aware of the dangers that were next to us.

"We're going on a run, wanna come?" Maggie asks me as she stands next to Glenn.

"Sure, what do we need?" I ask. Maggie hands me the list and I look over it nodding and then handing it back to her.

"Sounds good. Let me grab my stuff." I tell her, they nod. I walk towards my tent and go in. I grab the gun Shane had me keep the other day. Hershel wasn't a big fan of guns on his property so I kept it in here. I check the magazine to make sure I have bullets and once I see I do I click the magazine back into the gun. I tuck it into my jeans and then grab my knife and slide it into the holder on my jeans. I exit my tent and walk back toward Maggie and Glenn.