Chapter 1: Reunions

"Patience Padawan! How many times must we go over this?"

Zelina Du'ahn sighed, her shoulder's drooping a little as she prepared herself for another reciting of one of her Master's many lessons. "I'm sorry Master, I'm just tired of being cooped up in the Temple."

Master Ur-Sema Du shook her head, a few strands of her brown hair falling out of her permanent bun to fall in her face. "A Jedi does not seek adventure Zelina, you should know this by now."

"I do know Master, I'm sorry, it's just that sometimes I can't help it, I want something to happen, I get bored..." she said sheepishly.

Ur-Sema sighed. "You are still the energetic little girl I met ten years ago Zelina, and I'm beginning to think that will never change."

Ur-Sema was right. It had been ten years since she had been set free by Qui-Gon. Not a day went by she wasn't grateful to the deceased Jedi for her freedom. She was sixteen now, almost seventeen. Her blonde hair had darkened just a little, and had grown longer. She'd grown taller: she was just slightly shorter than Anakin.

Speaking of Anakin...

He was nineteen now, his hair had darkened some like hers, and now he stood a full head taller than Obi-Wan. Just as Obi-Wan had promised, she had seen both of them a lot more than she had thought she would. Though recently, she hadn't seen them at all really. It had been a while, seeing as Obi-Wan and Anakin seemed to always be on a mission when Zelina and her Master were taking a break, and vice versa. She was dying to see them both...though mostly Anakin.

"Zelina."

"Hmm?" Zelina asked, snapping back to reality.

Ur-Sema smiled a little. Despite the fact she could be brisk and reprimanding sometimes, she was very kind and understanding in the long run. Zelina knew she was lucky to have her as her Master. "Still getting lost in your thoughts, are you Zelina?"

Zelina blushed. "Sorry Master."

Ur-Sema shook her head. "I received a mission from the Council: I'm going to be meeting with a pirate informant on Christophsis."

"Oh, some pirate action, interesting," Zelina said as the entered the Jedi Temple hanger. When she was younger, the sights of the Temple took her breath away. Some sights still did, but others she had grown used to, like the Jedi Hanger. She'd just been in here too many times by now.

Ur-Sema laughed a little. "I guess that's one way to look at it, yes."

Ur-Sema stopped by her green Jedi Interceptor, leaning on the wing. Zelina frowned, confused. "Master...when you say that you've received a mission from the Council..."

"I mean that only I am going. You are staying here young Padawan."

Zelina visibly wilted. She'd been hoping to get out of the Temple for the first time in weeks. "Oh..."

Ur-Sema smiled, putting a hand on Zelina's shoulder in comfort. "Chin up young one, you didn't let me finish."

Zelina looked up at her. "What do you mean?"

Ur-Sema's smile grew. "I put in a word for you with the Council, and you're going on a separate mission."

"On my own?" Zelina asked, suddenly excited.

Ur-Sema laughed. "No, no, not on your own young one. You're going to be helping protect an old friend of yours from Naboo."

"Padme?" Zelina asked, her excitement growing.

Ur-Sema nodded. "Yes...there is apparently someone trying to assassinate Senator Amidala, and the Chancellor has requested that she receives Jedi protection."