Chapter 8: Birthday Wishes

He stroked a finger down Zelina's cheek, their breath mingling, so close to each other she could feel the magnetic pull towards him.

"Are you sure?" she whispered, wanting to be positive that this was not a joke.

He smiled down at her, twisting a strand of her hair around his finger as he leaned in a little closer. "Of course I'm sure...I've made up my mind and I'm not going back..."

Zelina's breath caught in her throat as she stared into his dazzling blue eyes just before he smirked, leaning in to close the small distance between them. Her eyes drooped closed and she sighed, his name ready to spill off of her lips if she could find the strength to speak before he kissed her.

She felt someone poke her side.

"Zee, wake up."

Zelina groaned, rolling over, struggling to hang on to the image in her head as she received two more jabs in the side.

"Zee, come on, get up."

"Five more minutes," Zelina groaned. If she could just get that much more time, she could finish her little fantasy dream on her own.

Several more pokes made her growl and swipe at the hand jabbing into her sides.

"Don't make me levitate you out of this bed Zee, I'll do it, and I will drop you on the floor."

"Of course you will Ani," Zelina mumbled, burying her face into her pillow. Her friend might be strong with the Force, but Zelina knew that he had problems focusing all that potential.

"Alright Zee, I warned you..." Anakin called as he drifted away. Zelina felt a tingle of premonition moments before she found that the bed wasn't beneath her anymore.

Her eyes snapped open at the same moment she dropped to the floor with a thud.

"Anakin!" she shouted, glaring at him as she struggled to untangle herself from the blanket. She should have known he would use a Force Push to get her out of the bed.

Anakin was doubled over with laughter. "Happy birthday Zee," he chuckled, whipping a tear from his eye as he straightened up.

Zelina sighed and laid back down on the floor. "Why thank you so much Ani," she said sarcastically as she pulled the blankets away. "What a lovely way to wake up on my birthday."

Anakin snickered, holding out a hand and hoisting her to her feet. "You're welcome Zee."

Zelina rubbed her eyes with a sigh, blinking up at him blearily. "What time is it?"

"Time for breakfast. I'm starved, but Padme insists we wait on you. So I decided to speed things up a little," he said, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

Zelina rolled her eyes, hand already on the refresher door. "Alright, alright, I'll be right down."

Anakin smiled. "Good, I don't know how much longer I can wait!"

Zelina laughed, shaking her head. "Love you too Ani."

**************************************

Just as she said she would, Zelina was clean and awake, strolling into the dining room with a smile. Padme beamed when she saw her.

"You're awake! Happy birthday Zelina," Padme said, standing up from her seat to give Zelina a tight hug.

"Yes, well, I was kind of pushed out of bed, I couldn't really keep sleeping," Zelina snickered.

Padme cocked an eyebrow. "Really? Anakin said he was just going to check on you," she said, turning around to give Anakin an accusing glare.

Anakin held his hands up in defense. "Hey, I'm hungry! And I did still wish her happy birthday once she was awake." Before Padme could scold him any further, Anakin grinned at Zelina. "How's it feel to be seventeen Zelina?"