Three

I order the sweet drink this time and Minhyuk serves me with the same broad smile, like every day.

I reciprocate now, after two long weeks and he seems happy. I almost couldn't remember the sound of my own laughter and my feelings about my amusement are different. I'm relieved to be able to do this, but guilty for smiling even though you're not here, Chae.

You told me when we were fifteen, when we began our relationship, that love was something eternal for you. Made me statements that didn't do to anyone else. It gave me hope of being the man I wanted. The man who would protect you and form a family with you.

But even that, even us, was a fail. One more of the many that I have had in the course of my life. You know, Hyungwon. You know how much I try to be good and how much I fight to make things work. You know how much I fought for us, but you're gone. And I don't even get messages from you anymore.

While I take the chocolate on the cappuccino in my mouth, I look at Minhyuk still completing his shift, taking orders back and forth. He asked me about my sad expressions and I told him. I feel that I was too needy of someone to hear me as you did, and although it's a different feeling, he listens well when he is not talking too much.

"You must be exhausted," he said, "it should not be so tiring to make a relationship work."

And I could only feel sad. I was exhausted, but I could not find the broken piece to fix us.