Nine

It's been a long time since I've touched your belongings that have not been taken away.

There are still letters and gifts inside boxes and I cried for months reading and rereading each one of them as I remember the years we spent together. I hid his memories to no longer hurt me because I was sure you had lied to me.

Your promises have been broken, I thought.

But now, before the dust on the leaves and the velvet, I can remember every day without the sharp pain reaching my chest. I remember your smiles every time you said you love me and I can remember with affection every time you've proved me.

You were there, really. And even if things have strangely stopped working, it doesn't mean that they never worked.

The hard part was to see a future with you and to feel it vanish before your eyes. There was only pitch, I was lost and I thought only you could find me, but I was wrong.

On this path where you've been with me, it took me long to realize that it was me who opened the path. When you followed your own destiny, taking away the light that illuminated everything, I thought it had come to an end, but it was not quite like that. I just needed to light up my own light and move on until sunrise.

And I can feel it, wonnie. The sun's rays are already seen in the distance and the cold is passing.

It's almost dawn.