Seven

"I feel like a teenager," I complain.

My hands are sweating, but Minhyuk pushes my back through the corridors.

"You're going to be all right, and we're going to be college mates." His chuckle calms me down, and he keeps dragging me to the elevator.

"You didn't have to come." I turn to him as we step into that metal box. "You're going to be late for work."

"It's ok," he shakes his head. "I wasn't going to let my friend, future student of pedagogy come alone"

"I haven't done the test yet." I roll my eyes.

"But will pass." He stamped his foot, as if his tantrum were enough to make me get into college.

It was many months before I made that decision and now my fingers are numb and my heart racing. As I think about the future, I see a spark deep in the background. Something that wasn't here before, warming me from the inside out like a ray of sun.

It's a dream.

A possibility of future where you are not.

And in Minhyuk's words, no one lives in this dream other than myself because it's something just mine. Maybe that's why my hands are shaking and Minhyuk feels as he leaves the elevator with me on the seventh floor. He takes me to the correct room and we stop at the door as he straightens the collar of my blouse.

"Go get them," his encouragement makes me laugh, but he leans over and kisses my cheek.

Too close to my mouth. I think of retreating, but I don't, and he smiles even more.

And I no longer know why my body is hot, but I can't think about it now. I have a test to do.