Chapter One

My hammock swayed lightly as I closed my eyes and let myself rest for the night.

I blocked out the noises with a pair of cotton balls and drowned myself back to my wonderland while the rest were still celebrating over the victory, clanking their ceramic bowls.

By the time the sun was emerging, the sky was still dark. I leapt off my hammock and yawned, stretching my limbs as I pulled out my cotton balls.

The team was pretty much knocked out after drinking the whole night.

Grabbing my blade and the bunch of arrows from the ground, I walked steadily to the lake without waking anyone up.

Not like they would be waken up since they were dead asleep. I snickered when I noticed Cason lying on top of James who was also out.

Gays, I rolled my eyes.

Sitting down by the lake, I cupped my hands and washed my face. Pulling out the handkerchief my mom had made for me on my 12th birthday, I smiled at the memory as my fingers brushed across the embroidered patch which she had sewn for me.

It was the shape of a crescent moon connected to a sun with stars hanging around the globe.

I dipped the handkerchief into the water and dampened it before wiping my sticky limbs which had dried blood all over it

I made a mental note to myself to get a shower back in the base later.

I dampened the handkerchief once more as I wiped away the blood on the hunter's blade, along with the arrows.

My fingers gently skimmed across the edge of the blade as I smiled, remembering how Angus had gotten me my first hunter's blade ever since I have mastered training.

It gave me the motivation to train even harder and be one of the best among the team.

This blade has been sticking with me ever since he gifted this to me. It has become a part of me now.

My ears picked up gentle footsteps as I grabbed one of my arrows and threw it backwards as it hit the tree in a single strike

"Woah, woah.. You trying to kill me, Les?" A voice I knew too well spoke as I rolled my eyes.

"You should know better than to sneak up on me, Willie. What do you need?"

My arrow dropped to the ground as he had pulled it out from the tree. "Les, you seriously need to teach me how to do that. How did you aim without looking?"

He dropped next to me, staring at my arrow in awe. "Call me older sis, or I won't teach you." I shrugged, knowing that he hates it whenever I tease him that as we were a few months apart and he was the older one.

"Nah, I won't call you that when you are obviously younger." He crossed his arms childishly while I laughed.

"Sure, no candies for you." He pouted at my words and chuckled after that.

"Alright, what's up, Willie?" I asked, back to serious business.

Usually when I am alone, I made sure no one bothers me. But if he decides to walk in and disrupts my alone time, it must be something serious.

"Angus wanted to get Kathy to infiltrate the next pack as a mole but she's badly injured. They will probably suspect so.."

"He wants me to fill in her place." I ended for him, touching my blade once more as I sighed.

"Yeah, seems like it." He revealed a toothy grin, knowing how much I hate to be living in a place full of werewolves who killed my parents in front of my eyes.

Not only that, I hate to be binded to something like a job if I enter the pack and become one of them.

Heck, I am more of the carefree type of person.

"No, I am not going in." I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"But, Les.. You are doing this for a good cause, you are going to help us so much in planning."

"Sure, then why don't he just wait till everyone's healed before sending moles in?" I challenged back, knowing that the members should get some rest after this victory.

I have no idea why he's rushing.

"That's because.."

"-it's a small pack, we can take it down in six months if we plan it well." Angus finished for him.

I stood up abruptly, folding my arms with a glare. "I'm still not going in."

"Lesley, you are doing all of these to avenge your parents, isn't that your ultimate goal?"

"Yeah, but that's why I trained so hard. I didn't train myself to sneak in and become a mole, especially not with living with werewolves when I am not one of them."

"Lesley, please listen to me." Angus pleaded as he tried his best to convince me.

"Angus, I am not going to compromise on this. I am firm about my decision, I am trained to kill them, not to live with them and treat them nicely."

He looked defeated, knowing that he would rather listen to me than lose me. "Fine, then if I proposed to you that you spy on them from the outside, would you agree?"

I mulled over his words, tapping my jaws as I thought that it suits me more than infiltrating the pack and becoming a mole.

I shrugged, "No promises, but I won't hesitate to kill anyone who steps in my way."

This time, an amused smile was plastered on his face as he chuckled. "Still the spitfire as ever, kiddo."

"I'm going to miss you, kitten. You have grown up." Willie faked a tear as I rolled my eyes.

"Dude, I'm still going to come back and whip your ass. Don't think you can shake me off like that."

"Geez, you just had to ruin that." He narrowed his eyes into a playful glare.

I chuckled, grabbing my stuffs as I headed back to the hideout where everyone was awake and packing.

"Alright, let's head back to the base. We will talk more about the plans when we get back." Angus announced while everyone cheered and continued packing up.

Everyone was in a good mood while I grumbled, not liking how I was picked to do this job.

I rather kill than to spy on them from outside.

I packed my belongings and kept away my hammock quickly before disappearing into the forests once more.

There was one thing I love, and that is to be alone.