Chapter Six

It has been a day since I ran from the pack and I know I am a good distance away from the base as well.

I came a stop at the river bank and bent down as I took a gulp of water. All that running has made me dehydrated, seeing as I hadn't bother to bring any food supplies along with me when I sneaked into the pack.

The only thing I had bothered to bring along was my hammock. Binding it from the first tree to the next, I made sure it was secure before I rested on it.

I could settle my meal later after I had my much needed sleep.

The moment my head rested against the rough material, tears began rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably.

I was hurting, I knew very well why.

I trusted Angus so much, only to find out the truth that he was behind my parents' murder.

He took me in after the murder and treated me like his daughter. I can't believe he had been feeding me with lies all these while, making me believe that joining his team would be a good cause.

I trained hard under him, hoping one day I could kill the werewolves who murdered my parents.

Unfortunately, destiny has a way to twist our fate. I can't believe the murderer was right under my very nose, the one whom I have always looked up to ever since I was young.

After what happened today, I have no idea what I am going to do now.

I feel so lost. Mom, dad, what should I do now?

• • •

Footsteps crunched on the leaves as whoever it is, gave it away. I continued to take my rest even though someone was coming.

I could deal with the person later.

"Was expecting you to run off to somewhere I couldn't find you, but here you are laying down on a makeshift hammock." Goldie decided to make his grand entrance.

"If you are here to put me in the cells, you should leave now before I attack back." I muttered under my breath, blocking the sunlight away from my face.

I grumbled, "Damn you, sun. Why do you have to shine so brightly today?"

"If I was here to put you in the cells, you would have been facing the pitch darkness in the cells instead of laying down here so peacefully."

"What are you here for?" I snapped, not liking how someone was disturbing my sleep.

"I have my own set of questions to ask but first, I'm formally inviting you to join my pack." I snorted at this words, opening my eyes as I yawned.

"You've got to be kidding me, you want me to join your pathetic pack? Heck, your guards can't even protect the borders well."

At my words, a low growl emitted from him as he sound pissed. "Chill, Goldie. I am just saying from what I have observed. It's true I was sent here to spy on your pack because of orders," I paused, sitting up with gritted teeth.

The thought of him made me furious.

Something in me wanted to kill him so badly for murdering my parents.

"But, I decided to leave your pack alone. So, don't worry about me, I will be fine on my own." I shrugged, turning to look at him this time as his eyes met mine.

Something about his eyes made me feel a pull towards him and I have no idea why.

"You are going back to them?" He asked, though I knew he was twitching in anger at the mention of them.

Werewolves hated hunters to the core, likewise for hunters. As long as both kinds are alive, they will always have war between them.

I used to follow them, believing that what I did was for a good cause. But now, I am doubting myself.

I am doubting about my goal now. My aim was to kill every single werewolves as they killed my parents.

However, after learning the truth, it's not the same now. It will never be the same.

Angus was the one I want to kill, for deceiving me all these years and training me to be a hunter.

Ultimately, this battle is between him and I. But right now, I have no plans to kill him.

However, I will not sit by and allow him to lead the attack on Golden Moon Pack since there was evidence that my parents used to be part of this place.

And, I may be a werewolf though I wonder why I don't have a wolf.

"Lesley?" His voice made me snap my head up as I raised a brow.

"How did you know my name?" He chuckled, handing me the dagger I had left with him so he could figure out a way to untie himself.

"Your dagger had your name carved on it." I rolled my eyes at my stupidity and took my dagger from him as I tucked it into my boot.

"I see you carry weapons along with you." He commented, his eyes focusing on my boots.

"Don't worry, I am not here to attack your kind." As I said this, I laid back down on my hammock and let it sway along with the wind.

"Do you really intend to continue sleeping?" His voice sounded disbelieving as though there was a tinge of worry detected.

"Shouldn't you be heading back and continue with your pack business?" I retorted back, not bothering to open my eyes to see his reaction.

"You know, for a girl, you are not afraid of anything."

"Stereotype." I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"Don't worry, Goldie. I'm a hunter and I can take care of myself, now shoo.." I waved him off and let my body relax.

"It's Blake to you." He grumbled, slowly walking off.

But, why do I feel empty after chasing him off? Something is definitely wrong with me.

I need somebody to talk to and is able to provide me answers as to why I am reacting like this whenever Goldie is here.