Chapter Eleven

Gasps emerged from the crowd as their eyes widened in fear.

The familiar voice made me snap my head to the back in disbelief.

Blake.

I chuckled humorlessly, "The Alpha decides to challenge a hunter, I see."

I watched as he shrugged, slowly sauntering his way towards me. He was wearing a polo tee which hugged his muscles oh so perfectly and a pair of pants with the ends slightly rolled up.

"You looked like you just came back from a golf match." I commented with a smirk.

He chuckled, "I wish I was. Anyways, let's get on with this challenge."

"Sure." My playful demeanor all gone as I took out my hunters' blade from the ground.

He cracked his bones and shifted into his werewolf, golden fur covered his body during the shift.

Oh how I missed his golden wolf, always wondering if it was why the pack is called Golden Moon.

"Ready, Alpha? From now on, look at me as a hunter and not your mate. Give me your best shot." I said, receiving a firm nod with him as he growled.

He charged towards me while I immediately had the tip of my blade sliced across his skin.

Instead of being distracted, he ignored it and dodged my next attack before pouncing on me, knocking me down.

With quick reflexes, I threw him off my body and stood up.

Deciding to test his abilities, I charged forward and kept on wielding my blade as it nearly misses his skin.

He was doing a good job dodging and had made the openings lesser for me to attack.

I did a quick somersault over his wolf and sliced him on his hind leg. Again, he did not let it distract him as he spun around and pounced on me.

I quickly side-stepped and let him fall onto the ground before kicking his body, turning him over as he rested on his back.

Before I could get my blade anywhere near him, he knocked off my blade and charged towards me.

Now, I was weaponless and he was capable of making it happen. I smirked, not going to let it take me down as we had trained with and without weapons.

I held up my hands, curled up into tight fists as I waited for him to get up and shift himself back to human form.

"Looks like we are fighting one on one in a fair fight now, right?" He said, cracking his knuckles.

I responded with a swift punch, sending him stumbling backwards. His eyes were looking at me with amusement as I raised a brow before elbowing his stomach.

It did not affect him much as he swiftly punched my guts, sending me stumbling backwards this time.

I smirked, quickly bending down as I dodged his punch before linking my arms under his legs as I made him fall backwards.

In seconds, I was on top of him and began to punch his face as he shielded with his muscled arms.

Knowing it was useless, I hastily stood up and waited for him to stand up before I land a kick on his face.

Blood oozed out from his nose as he stared at me with shock, his body stumbling backwards.

Taking his shock to my advantage, I elbowed his stomach and quickly kicked his legs as he collasped to the ground.

Quickly grabbing his hand, I sat on him and twisted his hand to the back as he groaned in pain.

"Give up?" I mocked, enjoying how I had ended up wrestling him in this challenge.

I had noticed his arms were injured due to my blade, bleeding a little upon contact.

My heart softened at the sight.

Before I knew what had happened, I was thrown off to the side, groaning as I found him on top of me, pinning me down.

His eyes were however, looking down at me with love and affection.

"Everyone out." His voice boomed across the training ground as they all scurried off.

"How's the Alpha handling all the injuries?" I asked, relaxing on the ground comfortably while looking up at him.

"Just a few scratches here and there, nothing much." He shrugged before his eyes rested on me, his fingers tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Can't believe my mate is this hard to take down. If it weren't for you being distracted with my injuries, you would have won against me." At his words, I looked at him with my lips parted.

"How did you know?"

"I could sense your worry, babe." He smiled down at me as he swooped down and claimed my lips.

I responded to the kiss and wrapped my hands around his neck, slowly tugging his hair with my fingers.

His lips tasted like salted chips which I have assumed that he was eating chips before coming to the training ground.

His tongue demanded entrance and entered my mouth, dominating me. I allowed him and went with the flow, kissing him back as I relished in the taste of his lips against mine.

Slowly, we broke away and panted breathlessly as we took in deep breaths.

I chuckled, "That was one hell of a make out."

He nodded, leaning against my forehead as his breath mingled with mine. Lust flickered acrosd his eyes before he stared down at me with uncertainty.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, quirking a brow as he blushed deeply.

I didn't know he was capable of blushing, it made me laugh. "Is the Alpha blushing? What's in that head of yours?" I teased him, staring deeply into his golden orbs which somehow attracted me.

He growled playfully, "My wolf is urging me to mark you."

At his statement, my face paled. "Is it the one that the mate marks the girl and make her his forever?"

I remembered it was mentioned by him as I closed my eyes tightly at the memory. He was hurting as he introduced us about the topic of mates.

Until today, I was still figuring out why he had defected and decided to turn against the werewolves, his blood family.

He killed my parents and took me away as a result of what he had done.

My eyes looked up at my mate, tears rushing down my cheeks. I had turned vulnerable once more, in front of the man whom I never thought I would ever shed a tear in front of him.

"Babe, why are you crying? I'm sorry, sugar. I will not mention this again." He assured me while all I did was to shake my head.

"I'm sorry, Blake. It just.. reminds me of my parents." I whispered, feeling him pulling me against him as he embraced me.

"Babe.." He cooed, calming me down in his arms as he smoothened down my hair.