Chapter Fourteen

A sear of pain rushed down my body as the pain lasted for a good few minutes, my hands had turned into paws while my body was covered in red fur.

By the time the pain had subsided, I was lying on the ground with a huge sigh in relief.

Hello, human. I mean, Lesley.

I forced myself to stand up, my head turning around to see who was talking to me.

I'm inside of you, moron.

My eyes snapped open at her words before I felt a growl coming from me as I had opened my mouth to snap at her for calling me a moron.

Who are you?

I'm your inner wolf, Jingles.

Jingles? You mean, Jingle Bells?

Ugh, why do everyone keep calling me that.. Whatever makes you happy, Les.

I chuckled at her defeated words, knowing that I wasn't the only one who had referenced her to the song.

Care to explain how you are suddenly awake? I thought I never had a wolf.

Fear and anger of losing your mate are the elements which is able to wake me up from my sleep. Besides, I was bound to wake up anyway as today marks the 100th year I have been trapped in the sleeping spell.

Sleeping spell?

Ever heard of the fairytale, Sleeping Beauty? This beauty you are talking to has been trapped in a sleeping spell for 100 years until my partner I'm attached to, does something to wake me up. And you have finally done it, I've been waiting.

First of all, don't be so shameless and call yourself a beauty. I snorted at her choice of words of calling herself beauty, amused by this creature.

And secondly, why is waking you up so complicated? And, why are you trapped in a sleeping spell?

Hey, I am a beauty. She tried to reason with a playful growl, making me laugh.

Anyways, long story short, the Moon Goddess did this to me because she told me I was going to remain asleep for 100 years until my new partner, goes by the name of Lesley finally appears and wakes me up.

Did she explain why?

She said it was bound to happen, didn't explain much. You can ask her yourself once you step into the grave. Her last sentence made me chuckle with amusement as I never knew my wolf was this sarcastic.

Okay fine, Jingles. Can you now teach me how to shift back to my human form?

Are you sure you want to do that?

What's wrong with that?

You are going to be naked as your clothes were torn when you shifted.