Chapter 2- you gotta be kidding.. right?

My sister climbed out of the car and smiled and waved to her friends, she turned to me and smiled distracting me from my wolf’s chaotic thoughts. She gave me a worried look but let it go when I shook my head. 

“Happy birthday sis. I’ll see you at lunch” she giggled. Then she was off sprinting to her friends. My friends were headed over to my car as I reached in the back seat and pulled out my bag slung it over my shoulder then shut and locked my car. The scent seemed to get stronger, I didn’t know where it was coming from, but wind seemed to change blowing the scent directly to me. I let my eyes scan the area but I wasnt spotting anything out of the place. People scattered around leaning against cars talking to friends. My brain was screaming for me to to run but my feet wouldnt move. My wolf was fighting against my urge to run keeping me planted in place and frantically scanning the parking lot. 

I hadn’t noticed my brother and his friends walking over to me until he spoke.
“Hey birthday girl, we were just talking about you. So apparently mom invited like the whole pack tonight.” He said.
The scent seemed to be stronger around them. The wind blew the smell right through them too me. I struggled with my wolf a little more. She whined at me to go sniff it out. I was finally able to get her to shut up so I could speak. My brother watched and waited quietly. He looked a little worried. 
“I know, she told me last night” I rolled my eyes.
“Bet your lovin that!”
“Oh yea, a dream come true, a birthday party.” I giggled and clapped my hands together in mock exitement. “We all know why she is throwing a party” I stated bluntly.

He looked at me blankly.
“Duh for your birthday” he stated like I was dumb.
“Well that too. But she is hoping I will find my mate.”

He only nodded at me. The scent got stronger and my wolf growled at me and fought against me. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited till I knew I was in control again.
"You ok?” My brother asked his voice filled with concern.
I opened my eyes as I felt her back away from the surface. I knew he watched my eyes back away from black to green again. My hands were only slightly shaking now. He backed away slightly knowing I was struggling with my wolf. I could only nod. But he knew I was lying.
"My wolf is acting up today thats all. I got her undercontrol now." I said giving him a small smile. He nodded at me, knowing what I was saying, all too well.
Acting up? I'll show you acting up if you dont move your ass and sniff out that delicious smell.  My wolf growled at me
 My friends were now within earshot. Though they were all smiles and giggles. I barely heard when they gave me a chorus of happy birthdays and hugs. That smell was amazing and it kept getting stronger. My brother and his friends were still standing there smiling. Wait was it one of them. I discreetly sniffed the air around them.
“So about tonight…,” My brother started.
“Can we expect normal Zoey or are you gonna try to have some fun?” his friend brad finished his sentence for him. My wolf nearly jumped out. 
I looked at him and sized him up. He was twice my size but I was still gonna get froggy with him. I let a murdurous gaze set in my eyes. I saw him stiffin up as he watched my assesment. "Pup say what?" I snapped. He held my gaze knowing my wolf was challanging him. I knew I wouldnt loose but I still dropped my gaze first when I saw his eyes begin to change.
 My wolf was growling. There is nothing wrong with how we are!!!  She stated.
I turned my body and stepped up to him I inhaled his scent just to test. My wolf growled again. Nope, not him, he smelled like pancakes and salt water. He didn’t smell bad, but Nowhere near as good as what I was smelling somewhere in the area.
 He was a full foot taller than me but I knew I could be intimidating. I knew there was one of two ways to handle this, extremely flirty or extremely mean. I took the more fun route. I smiled sweetly at him. “I honestly don’t think you can handle it if I had fun. You Might blow a gasket and then what use will you be?” I batted my eyes at him. I heard his breath catch as I tugged his shirt a little in the front, probably a little lower than I should have.
“So I would say yea normal Zoey will be going to the party tonight. “ My brother laughed. I smiled at him and gave him a wink. A small growl rumbled through him when I took a step back. I gave him my best smartass smile,
"Whats the matter, You mad Bro?" My brother asked him between snickers.
Ok you have had your fun, now go sniff out that amazing smell. My wolf growled.
It was like I was not in control of my body anymore and shoved past him, practically knocking him over as I walked past him headed to the school. I shook my head at his audacity but couldn’t help but smile at myself.