20

a silent whisper of pain escapes into the air of the rooms. whimpers erupting from the boy, who lay asleep in his own nightmare.

for what seemed like forever, the pain finally came to a stop as he struggled to open his eyes. taehyung slowly got off of the hotel bed, making his way to the bathroom.

he made sure to close the door behind himself, quietly. he rinsed his face with cold water, looking in the mirror. "what have i become?" he mumbled to himself, looking at the dark circles under his eyes.

all he was experiencing lately was happiness, which had lead him to feel numb for the past weeks leading up to this day.

even the day before, while he was out spending time with the girl who'd managed to steal his heart, he felt out of it. like he was watching his own life from the outside.

no words could describe it. all he could do was stare at himself in the mirror with disgust. his once tan skin, now growing pale. he'd been getting skinnier, too. but it didn't feel good. he'd been eating less lately, as well.

his mom had been concerned about him. "you don't call as much as you used to, taetae." she'd complain, when he'd call again after three weeks of no communication.

"i'm just busy." he'd say each time. he'd spent so long fighting this unknown battle within himself, he couldn't even recognize himself in the mirror. the only person who knew this was yoongi.

he and yoongi were always so close, especially since they shared the same common interest. it was a curse within a blessing now, isn't it?

it was no surprise that yoongi had stirred out of his sleep, wandering off to taehyung and y/n's shared bedroom. it was a gut feeling he got. like he needed to be there.

taehyung ended up getting back in bed, sitting with his legs crossed, staring into the darkness. he had no train of thought. almost as if he'd shut down completely.

a few knocks on the door, taehyung stood up. he felt like he knew who it was. he opened the door, seeing a tired yoongi there. as expected.

"hyung, what brings you here so early? y/n isn't awake," taehyung sighed, feeling as if he no longer had worth to yoongi. yoongi sighed as well.

"taehyung, i came for you," yoongi rolled his eyes, walking in to sit on taehyung's bed. taehyung closed the door, walking over to sit on the bed with him.

for awhile, neither of them said anything. most likely because they didn't know what to say. yoongi felt like he needed to be the first to speak. "i don't know why i came here, honestly. it's... awkward, don't you think."

taehyung hummed in response. yoongi's lips formed into a straight line as he sighed mentally. "look, i know you hate me-"

"i don't hate you, hyung." taehyung quickly dismissed. "and it would be impossible for me to. so don't you ever think that way again."

his words shocked yoongi, making him stay silent, finding the words he wanted to say. "....i know we haven't been seeing eye to eye lately, but i had a gut feeling something was wrong. something was telling me i needed to be here."