21

"i'm glad you came, hyung. i really needed your company," taehyung admitted, scratching the back of his neck, earning a chuckle from yoongi.

taehyung could swear he saw yoongi's gummy smile in the darkness of the room, which made him smile a little. but it wasn't very long until yoongi got serious again.

"tell me what's wrong," he demanded, holding taehyung's hand in his, in a comforting way. they'd always do that, but lately they just aren't on talking terms.

"i don't know, i've just been feeling down in the dumps," he sighed. "i miss you. i miss hanging around you. i hate fighting to win y/n over, because i'll lose regardless. i always lose. i just want there to be a point in time where something goes my way. where i can be with the girl i love, and have you be my biggest support through it all, but i know that i'm asking for too much. and i hate it."

"i really fucking hate it," he wasn't aware of the tears he'd let fall, but it felt like his world was falling apart. no matter how many girls they'd fought over, there was never a point where they'd stopped talking completely. until now. and taehyung wasn't even sure who he wanted to blame, but what difference would it make?

"i'm going to ask her out tomorrow, taehyung," yoongi said, his tone coming out almost emotionless. "i advise you to do the same. and whoever she chooses, the other must respect that decision. okay?"

taehyung's heart sank as he nodded. yoongi left soon after, he'd already said what he needed to. now it was taehyung's turn to sit and think about what to do when the morning's sun would rise.