Chapter 9

💍Jah'Nayah💍

Ever since that fight between me and Khadijah, I gained more respect from other people, even people that I never even talked to. I'm not really digging it though, because some chicks are just being nice to me cuz I go out with Trey. And Trey been flirting around like he don't got a girlfriend, so I'm about to just let him go. He is a good guy, but he can be over the top when it comes to other females.
Anyway, we're having a party tonight at my house and Almost the whole school is invited. Everyone except for Khadijah, but of course she might show up anyway. We'll stop her from doing so. Right now, we're in history class, and I'm sitting next to Kennedy as she runs her mouth about something. I wasn't paying attention because I was watching Trey flirt with some freshmen hoe.

Kennedy: Jah, you listening? Jah!

I blinked out of my thoughts and looked at her with tears in my eyes.

Kennedy:*whispering* Is it Trey?
I just nod my head and let it all out. She hugged me and caressed my back to soothe me.

Kennedy: Mr. Case, can she go to the bathroom to get refreshed?

Mr. Case: Sure, is everything okay?

Kennedy: *Looking at Trey* I'd rather not say. C'mon Jah.

We walk to the bathroom together, and I sit down on the sink.

Kennedy: So what happened? Y'all were going great!

Me:*Sniffles* I really don't know. He just started playing around with other girls while we were still together —

Kennedy: Wait, y'all not together anymore?

Me:*getting upset* I'm about to let him go cuz he keep flirting with all them other hoes. *softly crying* What do they have that I don't?

Kennedy: Nothing! You're perfect the way you are, Trey just can't see that.

Me: I wish he could. Maybe he isn't looking for a perfect girl.

Kennedy: Jah. Now stop playing. You know—

Me: Know what? That he's cheating on me and can't keep it a secret? Yeah, I know he's horrible at it. You and Ar'mon have a perfect relationship, why can't you just focus on that instead of worrying about my life? It's not worth it anyway. Oh yeah, and call the party off while your at it. *walks out the bathroom*

Kennedy was just standing there, not believing what she just heard. She knew that I didn't mean what I said. It just came out, but she didn't think of it right away. So she just stood there while I left the school.

A few minutes later, I came up with a plan.

I called Kennedy and she called Ar'mon to tell him about the plan.

I wanted to skip school for a couple of days to see how Trey would react. I wanted to see if he would go hoeing around, or if he would wonder why I'm not at school. I told Kennedy and Ar'mon to look after him to see what he would do.

➰The Next Day➰

💍Kennedy💍

I woke up, got in the shower, and got dressed in this

When I got to school, I texted Jah'Nayah and told her that I was there

When I got to school, I texted Jah'Nayah and told her that I was there. She said okay, and I locked my phone, looking for Trey. I spotted him talking to a random female sophomore. I rolled my eyes and walked off shaking my head.

The next thing I knew, Trey was standing next to me talking to me about some bullshit, but I wasn't paying attention to anything he was saying.

Trey: Kennedy, did you hear my question?

Me:Wassup, Trey?

Trey: I was asking where Ja'Nayah was, she didn't come to school today.

Me:*faking* What was that? It's pretty loud in here!
*I turned my phone in and started to record our conversation.*

Trey: I asked where Ja'Nayah was because she didn't come to school today.

Me: Oh, she's sick. She got the flu. She said she'll be out for a couple of days.

He just sat there staring at me for some time.

Trey: It's because of me, isn't it?

Me: No! Not you, she really is sick—

Trey: Yeah, she sick of my bullshit, I know. It's my fault she isn't at school. She doesn't want to seek me flirting with anyone else while we're in a relationship—

Me: She wants to let you go. You keep flirting with other girls saying that it's for votes, but you look really serious when you do it. You even got a few of their numbers! How do you explain that, Trey?

Trey: Like I said before, it's only for votes. I don't really want them. Why would I cheat on the world's most beautiful woman?

Me: Well, if you don't want them then why are you always ditching Jah'Nayah for them?

Trey: I'm not ditching her for them. It's for projects for our class.

Me: Trey... I'm done with this conversation.

Trey: Wait! Before you go can you please tell her that I hope she gets better and I'm sorry for everything.

Me: yeah yeah, whatever.

I walked out of the lunchroom.