Chapter 3 -learning the basics-

(A/n - Sorry, before you read, I have something I should've added to the info page but since you wouldn't go back and re read it I'll just put it here (if that made any sense???) (Y/n) is still sensitive to being touched, but will act like a cat if head, chin, or cheek is scratched... yeah. Sorry lol XD)

-3 years later-

Hawks POV

After (y/n) officially moved in with me and mom, middle school has started for me and her, even tho she is a year younger, we're in the same class. My mom said (y/n) is a fast learner, so she can attend.

The years have passed and (y/n) has gotten use to me and mom. She's opened up more and trusts me with her, I think she trusts me more than anything. She's still quiet around other people and kids, I try to get her out to play with a few neighborhood kids but she would never budge. She was happy with us til one day when the news popped up and my mom called me and (y/n) to the living room.

(Y/n) came in and sat on the couch beside me as the news played, (y/n)'s eyes were locked on the screen when she saw the topic.

-pro hero Flameunite stabbed and killed his wife also known as pro hero blue wing in their very own bedroom. The murderer has fled the scene and could still be out there, please be careful as we will do our best to track down this so called 'pro hero' looks like this pro hero is no longer have the title of hero-

Before I knew it, (Y/n) jumped up and ran out the door. Why was she sad? Didnt she not like her parents? Poor thing.. She ran down the road and disappeared around the corner.

"(Y/N)!!" I yelled out, just watching her run out of the house. I looked over at my mom, we were thinking the same thing. She looked at me and nodded. I ran out after her.

(Y/n) POV

*out of everyone, why her!? She was nice to me! But he had to ruin it!! She was the only one who actually cared! She loved you and that's how you repay her!?!* you kept running down the road, twisting and turning in all different alleys. You wanted to get away from it, the dreaded and cruel world around you.

You kept running, tears flowing. You didn't stop no matter how much you were panting. Hōkusu couldn't find you, he went flying around every corner of the city, he tried to follow your tracks, but failed.

You stopped at an abandoned building. It was somewhat a small hotel but worn down and no one was in it. Walking in, you went up the stairs to the top floor and to the very top of the roof. The sunset peered over the horizon, beautiful colors danced in the sky, light colors reflected in your eyes. Then you broke down, falling to your knees with your hands on the cement building. You tightly closed your eyes and your teeth gridded with anger and confusion. Your tears burned against your cheeks, your hands grew hotter. Then your wings showed up, the bright blue feathers that never were taught to fly. They dropped in sadness and guilt.

It wasn't long before Hōkusu spotted you alone on the edge of the tall building, only a few strands of sunset flowing in the pinkish to orangish sky. He flew down to you but on the other side of the roof. You knew he was there, you could recognize the strong sound of flapping wings anywhere, but you kept to yourself, letting the pain out.

Hōkusu walked up to you in silence he stopped and stood beside your broken down figure, looking at the sunset before looking at you. After a brief second of silence, Hōkusu got on his knees beside you, taking a wing out and wrapping it around your back and over your blue wings. Hōkusu loved them, the crystal color of your wings were glorious. Then he started singing, the one song he'd knew you'd like.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine"

You looked up at him, never knowing his voice could be so calming and smooth with such a melody. He smiled down lightly at you when you sat up.