Chapter 8 -Close call-

You woke up in the early morning in a cold sweat. Taking time to catch your breath from the nightmare, you noticed Hawks wasn't beside you.

Looking around the room, your eyes read the bright light of the time on the beside table. 6:34 am.

Letting out a shaky breath, you swung your legs off the bed and setting your feet on the cold floor. The only thing you wanted to change in this house was the tiled floor in the room you and hawks shared.

When walking into the kitchen, you had to close your eyes a little bit from the blinding light. But thankfully, hawks was standing there, leaning his weight on the island. His eyes were set on his phone with a glass of water in hand.

You smiled lightly when his eyes trailed to your tired and shaky, yet beautiful figure in the door frame.

"Hey" He said softly with a warm smile. You walked over to him as he put down his phone and glass.

Wrapping you up in a warm hug, hawks kissed your forehead lightly. "Good morning, angel" he whispered lightly, rocking side to side with you.

You hummed in a small response as you hid your face in his chest.

"Another nightmare?" He asked, you nodded your head lightly.

Hawks didn't like the nightmares you get every once in a while. They leave you so paranoid when you go somewhere the following day. You can't focus because what happened in said dream causes you to think about it all day.

You stayed in his arms until hunger got the best of you. Letting go lightly, hawks kissed your nose before going to the fridge to grab some eggs and bacon.

That morning you spent making breakfast and humming songs you both loved. You already started to distract yourself from the nightmare as you watched hawks fail to crack an egg and getting it all over his hands.
———————————————————————

The sun was in the center of the sky as the wind swept away the leaves into the air. The weather was clear with the smell of early fall. This day was warm and beautiful.

As you got ready for an afternoon patrol with hawks, your phone went off. There was an alert for a villain abusing his quirk and rampaging the city.

Throwing your boots and visors on, you ran out the door.

"Hurry up hawks!!" You called as you spread your blue wings and took off.

Hawks ran after you, slamming the door behind him and flying behind you.

"So what's the emergency?" He said, talking loud enough so you can hear him with the wind pushing at your ears.

"A villain with an iron quirk is abusing it and destroying north of the city" you respond with the same volume. Hawks nodded and his face grew serious.

Arriving at the north bound of the city, you were met with loud screaming of citizens and burning of buildings.

The villain was creating iron like weapons with his quirk and throwing them at nearby buildings, destroying businesses and debris's were flying everywhere. Some hitting people, some denting parked cars and city property.

"You get the citizens to a safe distance! I'll try to get this guy to calm down!" You call to hawks, he nods and does what he's been told.

While hawks went to go clear people from the area, you created a small strategy in your head and flew down.

The villain hadn't seen you fly around but as soon as you were to about to send an attack to his back. An iron like sword came your way.

Like time was in slow motion.