Chapter Eleven

A/N- I'm proofreading this at 1:30AM and I'm absolutely shattered but I wanted tp get this done so fuck theres probably gonn abe a bunch of spelling mistakes and if there are any let me know plz thanks lol anyways hope you enjoy this chapter! I loved writing it!

--

I woke up at six o'clock the next morning, as I always did, despite the fact that I was up at around one o'clock the previous morning. After chucking on my pink dressing gown over my bralette and joggers I slipped out of my room and headed downstairs to get some breakfast, knowing it opened at six. The spacious reception was now filled with tables and chairs, although devoid of a single other human aside from me, and a kitchen area was open in the corner. I walked over and the kitchen behind a low wall came into view.

Before me, at a little distance, reclined a very large and very fat man, with a wide, pulpy face, and a stern expression. His large head was very grey; and his whiskers, which he wore only around his face, like a frame, were grey also. His clothing, a chefs white fabrics, was of rich stuff, but old, and slightly frayed in places. One of his swollen legs had a pillow under it, as icy eyes regarded me carefully. This stern-countenanced invalid appeared to be the cook.

"Hello." I said, and he cocked an eyebrow almost in surprise.

"Hello." the elderly man retorted, almost sarcastically.

"May I have some breakfast?"

He cocked his head to the side, "That is what you are here for, no? Why else would you be here, silly little boy?"

"Oh, well, I'm actually not a boy-"

"You are girl. But you have shoulders of an ox!" he stood up, leaning on the counter, slamming his hands shoulder width apart on the stone, "Farm!?" he exclaimed, eyes glinting happily.

"No, I don't- I don't work on a farm."

"Ok, little boy," the peculiar man let out a large belly laugh, as if he didn't quite believe me, "I am Bram. Who are you?"

"Emma. Lovely to meet you, Bram."

"Emma," Bram grinned, displaying jagged, crooked teeth, "I will call you little boy."

"Then I'll call you Big Woman." I retorted, and he wheezed so hard with laughter I was sure he was going to pass out. It wasn't a particularly funny comment, but I let him laugh it out anyways.

"Ok, little boy, that is how it will be." he wiped a tear from the corner of his blue eyes and sat back down again, seemingly exhausted just from the action of standing up. "My worker will be here soon," Big Woman rolled his eyes, "My sister, she makes me employ my niece, I say yes, no problem. My sister, she doesn't tell me my niece is so stupid! Always late, so clumsy, I cannot deal with it! Ah, here she is!" he turned to the door and a young girl ran through.

"Uncle! Het spijt mij!" she called out breathlessly. I didn't speak Dutch, but vaguely recognised it as an apology. He responded, also in Dutch, and she nodded profusely. The girl turned to me, and I swallowed uncomfortably as I saw how beautiful she was. She had the typical features of a high end model; a tall, slim figure, full, pink lips, rosy cheeks, high cheekbones, and dark, bushy eyebrows, accompanied by bright blue eyes that matched her uncles and impossibly long, flowing blonde hair.

"Goedemorgen." she said, offering a soft smile.

"Um... hello." I responded shyly.

"You're English?" she looked intrigued.

"Yes. I'm Emma."

"Little boy!" her uncle shouted from behind.

"Yes. Little boy." I grinned.