Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N

I made a Pinterest board for this book! The link is as follows: https://pin.it/6as5WP0

--

The people around Elise Elderflower parted like waves of glass; smooth, effortless and featureless. A path was carved out before her and it led directly to where I was standing - her walk was careful, calculated, almost deadly, and she strode with infinite precision. My eyes raked salaciously up and down her body as her sight levelled on me and her walk became purposeful.

"Hello, Elizabeth," Elise husked, and it was a wonder how she could make one word so undeniably sexy. It wasn't even my real name but the rhythm of her mouth as her eyes locked onto mine was enough to make my mouth go dry, "Or should I say, Gomez?" She purred.

"Glad to see you finally made it to the party, darling." I laughed, shaking my head both in wonder and as a way to bring myself back down to reality. Elise had that effect on people, and the way she looked didn't help. Clad from head to toe in black, she wore a salacious, inky dress, ludicrously tight and impossibly impractical although of course, Elise wore it with ease. The slit up her thigh was deadly, reaching a certain point where it could no longer be considered modest but with careful positioning did not reveal much to the naked eye. Smoky eyes draped in black eyeliner were studying me with a look that I did not recognise, as blood-red lips drew closer and placed a surprisingly gentle kiss upon my cheek.

"You didn't miss me too much, did you dear?" Elise murmured seductively, reaching past me for a drink so close her chest brushed against mine.

"I didn't miss you in the slightest, actually."

"Is that so?"

"Indeed."

"That just doesn't sit right with me," Elise cocked a sharp, black eyebrow, tucking a lock of raven hair behind her ear, presumably a wig, "Perhaps you should give me some time to convince you why I'm a wonderful companion at parties," A long, red nail raked down my cheek, "Is the bathroom free?"

"We only just got here, Elise," I smirked.

"Well, there's no time like the present."

"Eli- I mean, Sophia! You're here!" Rita stumbled over, clearly struggling with the naming situation tonight. I had also begun to grow rather weary it ever since Elise had arrived.

"Hello, darling sister," Elise drawled, looking rather irritated as Rita bounded over, interrupting the conversation. She had sobered up massively, but the same could not be said for Timmy, who stumbled along behind her, "I see your husband went for a more unique look tonight."

"Don't start," Rita rolled her eyes, dark curls bouncing on her shoulders. They looked more alike than ever tonight with their matching dark features - sloping, high cheekbones the hallmark of their family. Prominent, aristocratic, almost but not quite upturned noses, sharp like every feature on their angular, intense faces, complimented guarded eyes and thick, long lashes. It was odd how something as simple as changing Elise's hair from blonde to midnight black made her almost Rita's doppelganger. If Rita was to straighten her hair to match the wig, I was almost certain that no one at this party would be able to tell them apart, "I told Timmy to change but he didn't listen!"

"Well, am I surprised?" Elise tittered, shaking her head at the drunken man. His breath stank of beer and I recoiled slightly as he crushed a plastic cup in his hand and threw it at the bin, missing it entirely.

"Oh, don't be so high and mighty, El," Rita sneered, my eyebrow raising itself at the unfamiliar nickname, "You've married a man before y' know. Or had you forgotten?"