Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! Welcome to the sequel to Timeless...it's finally here! Just one important thing before you read this story, and I'll say the rest at the end note. If you haven't read chapter 32 of Timeless, entitled LIMITLESS...GO DO THAT NOW! If you don't, you will probably be really confused by all the canon changes I've already implimented.

Oh, and this starts out alongside season 4, however just go ahead and toss all the canon storylines you know out of your head. Some stuff I'll pull from the season and the rest I'll be making up and tying together as I go along.
*Deep breath*...I am very nervous!

Happy Reading!

"You think you are alive
because you breathe air?
Shame on you,
that you are alive in such a limited way.
Don't be without Love,
so you won't feel dead.
Die in Love
and stay alive forever."

― Rumi
_______________________________
ProloguE

Time.

You have to change your perception of time when you become a vampire.

It was hard to imagine the future. Caroline's fantasies had always shifted as she was growing up. She dreamed about being a princess, a gymnast, and a broadcast journalist. Those details changed with her age and mood. But some things about the future were as certain to her as the sunrise that came each day.

She would always live in Mystic Falls. She would always be best friends with Elena Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett. She would one day get married to an amazing man and live in a beautiful home and be a mom. They would all raise their kids together and she would die at a ripe old age in her bed with a lifetime of happy memories. These things would not change no matter if she became a princess, a gymnast, or a broadcast journalist.

And then she died at seventeen, and became a vampire, and everything changed.

She became a stronger, faster, more powerful being. She became a better version of herself. A better friend and daughter, fighting to protect the people she cared about and the place she called home. From the ashes of a monstrous curse, she rose, a determined and shining phoenix. And then...she fell in love.

Her future changed when she travelled back to the past. Her mission had been to kill Klaus before he ever stepped foot in Mystic Falls, to save all of her friends, to change their present. But then she fell in love with him, the horrible, original hybrid vampire, and he fell in love with her.

Klaus became her future. She didn't need a crystal ball to know that. Maybe she would no longer be a journalist or a mom, but she would get to spend an eternity with the man she loved. Klaus had loved her through the centuries-even when he thought she was dead-and would love her until the world stopped turning. That would never change. Their type of love was unshakable. It was the type of love that Caroline had thought only existed in the pages of books or on a movie screen. Together, they had been through the worst of the worst, and came out on the other side stronger.

Perhaps it was romantic and fantastical, but she knew in her soul that nothing would break them apart. She and Klaus went on her list of life certainties, taking a place right at the very top. Her mind couldn't fathom a thing that would change it all.

Except time. Love could always change and fluctuate over time. But they had already beaten that hadn't they?

What being or thing in the whole of existence could ever cause a love like theirs to change?

————————————————-
The forest was quiet. No birds singing, no rustling of leaves, no sound or sight of any living creature. The trees seemed to be holding their breaths, watching, waiting, towering over. Faint beams of sunlight careened through the branches, but even the dust reflecting in the rays was at a standstill, frozen little glimmering specks. Nature was always a quiet place, a sanctuary, a place of silent reflection. But this wasn't quiet; filled with the warm whispers of wind, the friendly shift of leaves, and the sweet song of birds-this was stone, dead, cold silence.