nine

Someone was pounding on the door this morning and the anger built up inside of me, since last night, exploded as I opened the door and tried to throw a punch at the person. Lucas caught my fist with wide eyes.

"What the fuck! I swear I told you last night to get ready at nine in the morning!" Lucas shouted at me and pushed me inside with him behind me.

"I'm gonna wait for you here. Go and change your clothes now!" Lucas threw me an outfit from the closet and pushed me towards the bathroom. Sighing, I washed my face and changed into the outfit Lucas chose. My eyes were kind of puffy due to the crying I've been doing last night, I'm quite sure everyone on the floor heard me bawling. I stepped out of the bathroom and threw my clothes at Lucas.

"Let's go loser." I said and walked out of my room.

Lucas smirked, "Let's see who's the loser later."

We first stopped by the kitchen where Jungwoo was eating a sandwich. We greeted each other 'good morning'. I grabbed a bottle of water then started to make my own sandwich.

"Jungwoo are you free today? I'm gonna teach Harin and if you're free come join us in the center." Lucas talked to Jungwoo, who just nodded, and I continued to eat my sandwich. My name was being called and I looked up to see who it was.

"Are you okay now Harin?" Jungwoo asked, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"I heard you crying last night. Are you hurt?" Jungwoo moved his head to look at my body, scanning if there are any wounds.

"You...heard me? Can someone tell me who lives on each floor?" I was quite embarrassed in front of Jungwoo right now. Someone really did hear me.

"The basement is the training center and armory. Ground floor has the kitchen, living room, con room, Ten, Renjun, and Haechan's office, garage and room with a mini library. Jungwoo and the DREAM often goes there. Second floor has the cyber room, Taeyong's office slash room, Johnny's office slash room, Ten and Jaehyun's room, Jungwoo and Taeil's room, Kun and Winwin's room, Doyoung's room and your room. The third floor has the DREAM unit's rooms, Yuta's room, and Mark and mine's room. The fourth floor is an escape room." Lucas explained, to which by the way I was amazed. I've never heard him explain something so serious without cracking a smile.

"So, why were you crying?" Lucas asked, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Do you remember condition number one?" Lucas looked away and sighed. He shrugged and continued chatting with Jungwoo. I finished my sandwich and grabbed the bottled water. I followed the two con-artists to the basement where the training center is. Opening the door, we walked inside with me beside Jungwoo. Lucas was searching for something inside a cabinet. I looked around and saw different types of guns hung on the far side of the room. I saw another door next to the wall of guns but decided not to ask about it since I'm not interested in guns.

"Let's start Harin." Lucas told me. Jungwoo was sitting on a small bench, I handed him by bottle and he cheered me up.

  ===[ ]===  

Beads of sweat rolled down my face, my armpits were also sweaty and my arms and legs are about to give up. Lucas was a good teacher but a loud one at that. Everytime I would slow down for a bit, his voice never fails to amaze me. The only good thing about that I can conclude about this lesson is that I can really throw a good punch. I punched Lucas few times in the face, where he whined because he told me not to target his 'handsome face'. I saw Jungwoo shook his head at his statement. For an injured guy like Lucas, he was surprisingly fast. Last night he was limping, but now it seems like his leg fully healed overnight. For the nth time, I targeted his face and landed a punch in his right cheek again. Jungwoo chuckled and I let out a loud exhale.