fourteen

"Lucas please! Let's stop tonight! I'm so tired!" I complained to Lucas, trying to catch my breath as I lay down inside the ring.

"Okay fine! Let's continue tomorrow then." Lucas said, wiping his sweat.

"No, not with you! I want Jungwoo!" I stick my tongue out at him. I walked out of the ring and went towards Chenle and Jisung. We rested inside the room for awhile before going upstairs to the kitchen. Taeil and Johnny were there eating. The three of us sat and started to eat too. I can feel someone staring at me while I was eating.

"You like what you're seeing Johnny?" I stopped eating and looked at him. I raised my brow at him and he cleared his throat.

"I was just wondering why you're not being bitchy about the distance thing you always mention." He commented. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat.

"Well, that's a long time ago. I still hold a grudge on you but the condition is kind of useless now don't you think?" I chuckled. He smirked, I gave Chenle my plate since he volunteered to do the dishes. I waited for Jisung and Chenle to finish then part ways. I showered and didn't bother to dry my hair before sleeping since I was too tired.

Minutes turned into hours and I still can't sleep. I groaned and rolled off the bed. I went out of my room and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet to see if there's any milk I can warm up. I found two jugs of milk and went on to pour myself one before warming it up. While waiting for the milk, Lucas suddenly appeared in my view. I shrieked and he did too.

"Can't you turn on the lights?!" Lucas harshly whispered while taking out food from the cabinet.

I shrugged, "I thought everyone was asleep that's why I didn't bother."  Lucas sat on the high stool and ate whatever he was having. He ate in silence as I wait for the milk. The microwave let out a 'ding' and I grabbed the mug then pulled out the plug.

Lucas decided to break the silence, "You can't sleep?" I nodded in reply.

"What about you?"

"I normally sleep at two or three in the morning." He said, I gaped at him.

"Really? How come your skin is still flawless? That's just unfair." I drank my milk and wiped my upper lip.

Lucas chuckled and teased, "It's a gift. A gift you won't ever have."

"Ouch. I won't even dream of having a gift like that. Sometimes I think it's troublesome."

"Yeah... it is." He looked down at his food and picked on it.

I pursed my lips, "Did I... somehow triggered a bad memory?"

"You want to know? If I say something about it then you have to share something too." I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.

"Okay. I'll start... When I was 10, my parents died. My aunt took me in, she wasn't exactly welcoming but figured I could be of use because of how I look. She... used me to earn money and to put food on our table. I was used every weekend after school, they would come to the house looking like my aunt's friends and would do things to me." I stayed silent while drinking the milk.

He continued talking, looking straight at me. "I was being 'disobedient' to one of them one night so she scratched my face. My aunt kicked her out but it didn't heal throughout the weekend so it was visible when I went to school. My teacher saw this and immediately asked me and I, of course, lied to her but she was persistent and called the police to question my aunt. A neighbor of us decided to testify against her since he was suspicious about the people visiting the house every weekend. My aunt went to prison, I went to live with our neighbor because he decided to adopt me, and it was the best five years of my life. My aunt served only five years and decided to go on a killing spree at the school I'm in. Dad- no, Mr. Wong was a teacher there and he was killed right in front of my eyes along with my friends. The bitch had the nerve to laugh then killed herself in front of me before telling me that I deserve to be alone in this world. I stayed there until the officers arrived, my life went downhill from there on. If it wasn't for Kun then I would've been dead a long tine ago. It's a cheesy thing to say but, Kun saved me."