Wonpil as a father~(Day6)

The anticipation was killing me. I couldn't wait for him to get home, the box full of broken up pieces in my hand. My leg shook nervously as I stared at the front door from my living room couch.

Where was he?

Shakily, I let out a heavy breath trying to calm my nerves. I thought about how riling myself up this wasn't going to help me be presentable for him, but I just couldn't wait any longer. Strange and dangerous thoughts crossed my mind, further putting worry in my mind as I came up with reasons as to why he may be late.

The keys fumbled outside of our home, causing me to stand straight up. Instead of waiting for him to enter, I dashed into the kitchen to hide away. My heart was beating rapidly out of my chest as I heard my husband enter, his voice soft as he talked to someone on his phone.

Immediately I began to busy my hands, cleaning them off in the sink and attempting to start dinner. But my mind was else where, secretly stealing glances towards him as he walked around the house. I could hear his conversation coming to an end as he threw down his stuff on the couch. He plops down tiredly, trying to focus on something other than whomever was speaking to him.

I watch him as he takes notice to the box on the coffee rake before him. He glances up to find me, but I quickly hid until it was clear to look back. My mission was a successful as he lost interest in his conversation and instead was consumed with the small box.

"Yeah, I have to let you go. I'm home with my wife," he says, moving the strange and mysterious box around without lifting it entirely. He flinched as it loudly rumbled, broken up pieces rolling around. His face turned from being curious to thinking he did something he probably shouldn't have.

I bit my lip to stifle a giggle. "Baby? You home?"

Wonpil doesn't remove his gaze from the cardboard box as he gently places it down again. "Yeah, I'm home," he replies. "What are you making?"

I glance down at the pile of vegetables I managed to cut up.

What was I doing?

"Um..." I looked into the fridge to see what other foods we had. "Chicken salad! I've been craving it!"

....stupid! I'm not supposed to mention cravings!

Wonpil surprised me by calling back, "Me too. It's been awhile since I've had your foreign cooking."

I sighed in relief, putting a hand to my heart. With a quick glance back at him, I smiled to see him entirely focused on something I was want him to be. "Baby my mom sent me a gift today. Can you see what it is?"

I watch him eye the box before taking it in his hands. "This?" He calls, looking to me. I nod and he shrugs, placing it down and raking off the lid. "It's a puzzle."

My head turned so that he wouldn't see my reaction. "Oh really?" I ask, trying to calm my excitement. "Is it a large one? Maybe we can do it together."

"Right now?" He questions, making a face as he points to it. "Aren't you busy?"

I quickly threw some vegetables in the water. "Nope! I have to let things soak. Come come, I want to make the puzzle." My legs take me to him immediately, not at all hiding how eager I was to do it. Plopping myself on the couch beside my husband and reaching for for puzzle.

He turns to me. "How are you my lovely wife?" Wonpil smiles and goes to lean in for a sweet kiss. At the same time, I leaned forward to put together the 'gift' from my 'mother', completely missing him. "Alright then, puzzle it is."

I gasped, realizing what I did. I grab a few pieces in my hand and sit back up. Squishing his cheeks between my palms, I kiss his lips quickly. "There, baby." In the distance I could hear my timer to soaking the veggies go off, making me pout. "You make the puzzle and I'll go do dinner."

Several minutes passed of me finishing up our dinner when Wonpil called back for me. I carefully made my way over, awaiting his reaction. But he seemed more confused then anything, surprising me. "Baby what does this say?"

My eyes maneuver towards the puzzle. My haw dropped when I realized pieces of it were missing, the whole point of him doing the puzzle was thrown at the window. "Is there missing pieces?" I ask, bending down to look all over the floor for them. "Mr. Kim did you lose them?" The fear of being embarressed was turning on my scolding mode so quickly.

My husband shook his head. "No, Mrs. Kim. I didn't drop anything."

As I go to stand back up, pieces of cardboard fall next to my feet. I glance down, watching as the leftover pieces fell to the floor. "Um."

Wonpil chuckles. "Found them."

My eyes scrutinize his every move as he slowly places the last pieces in the rightful spots. He carefully reads over the puzzle that said, "Guess What? You're Gonna Be A Dad!"

His head wips my way so fast. "Baby?" He asks for confirmation after reading it. When he saw me nod my head nervously, he stands to his feet, dashing to my side to sweep me into a sweet, beautiful kiss.

His eyes gleamed. "I love you."