Select A King| Sf9

👑Select a King👑

Introduction

The evening was rolling by smoothly, it had seemed. One by one everyone had entered the palace, each smiling and laughing out of courtesy of those around them. You greeted most of them-the best you could, at least- and found a small topic to chat with some to keep you busy.

Of course, deep inside your heart, you couldn't conceal the anxious feeling that built up. Nine princes were to come today, each asking for your hand in marriage. It was your decision, as the queen of the country, to find your next king. As due to the incessant pushing of your peers and the court, you must be able to have a child of royal blood by the next year.

Knowing you were not so interested in fighting them over it, as you too agreed to have some stable help from a partner, you created the ball to show them that you were willing to find a husband. You grew up in such an uptight, but smoothly run monarchy. It was your destiny, as taught, to do so.

Sipping lightly at the drink in your hand, your eyes swept over the joyous room. It attempted to overlap in your heart, the fluttering feeling of such good memories making you smile. You would prefer this feeling over the jitters your stomach was providing. Nursing the drink a bit longer to soothe your nauseousness, you stayed in the background to watch over without being too involved before the grand moment.

Almost as instinct you could feel your father's eyes on you. You didn't dare glance his way, knowing it would only be you to blame for putting him in a mood. He preferred you not get married on a whim, but by love, like he did with your mother. Alas, this was your choice. For the kingdom, you liked to tell him.

Trying to avoid conversation with him, once again, you place down the drink and walk toward the center of the ball room. Clapping your hands together, you waited for the servants to mimic you until the whole room became quiet. Some were amazed at gesture, unfamiliar with it, and others just smiled and awaited the news.

You smiled. "Thank you all for coming for this lovely evening. I am very pleased with tonight's view, and how I can share it with each one of you. Please, have some food and drinks as you wait for the princes. They won't be too much longer, I presume."

The large group of people bowed to you in respect before the servants took it as their cue to come out with more foods and entertainment pieces. Your eyes followed a few of them to make sure everything was perfect before your attention was drawn to a young man who stood before you.

You straightened your posture instantly, fixing your hands to rest in front of you and flatten down your beautiful blue gown. "Ah, good evening sir. I apologise for not greeting you earlier," you say, not recognizing his face.

His cheeks lifted slightly. "It is truly my sincerest apology for not meeting with you sooner, my Queen." He bows between his words. "I hope your majesty can forgive me as I request for a dance?"

But the princes...

Your mind started to trail in thought as you stared at his awaiting hand. The best hope was to accept it, as his unfamiliar face may have misfortune if you decided to reject his offer. Hesitantly, you placed your hands in his. "It would be inconsiderate of me not to," you whisper softly.

He gracefully took your hand in his large ones. He brought you away from the center of the floor, for some odd reason, and begun to dance sweetly to the rhythm of the song. One of your hands rested on his broad shoulder as the other was gingerly placed in a his hand that wore a white glove. While he twirled the both of you around, you took the moment to casually glance at his attire, looking for clues.