three

⌯ ⌯ ⌯

CHAPTER THREE !
It hurt like hell

CHAPTER THREE !❝It hurt like hell❞

SIX YEARS AGO

  FOUR OF THE CRAINS WERE IN THE RECEPTION OF THE FANCY CENTER. Natalie was sitting in a small chair next to Theo, all of them waiting for their older siblings to come back. She looked around, interlacing her hands in front of her.

❝This looks like a decent place❞ Natalie said shrugging. She heard Theo hummed, but she looked at the twins, who were looking at a pamphlet. Luke bent a corner of the paper, showing her a picture with multiple people sitting calmly in the grass with food laid out.

Natalie smiled, nodding at the picture. Nellie saw what her twin had showed her and she took the opportunity to show her a picture of a painting and ceramic lessons. Natalie raised her eyebrows, more convinced that the place would be great for her brother.

❝You're all set❞ Shirley said walking towards them with Steven by her side.

Natalie watched as a woman approached them as well after Luke stood up form his spot in the sofa.

❝What do I, uh—❞ he mumbled looking at them, but the woman interrupted him, making everyone watch.

❝We're all set❞ she announced ❝I'm gonna need a UA❞

❝What?❞ Luke asked, not understanding her. Natalie sighed, she knew Luke was uncomfortable at the moment.

❝Urine Analysis❞ the woman explained with a smile. Natalie started to tap her foot against the floor, feeling anxious for her brother ❝first time, huh?❞

❝Did you know they have horseback riding? They have horseback riding❞ Nellie said still looking at the pamphlet. Everyone shot Nellie a glare, but Natalie smiled at her, knowing she needed a way to cope, so talking was her way.

❝A UA, right, uhm—❞ Luke nodded, feeling nervous, he approached the woman, quietly ❝What if there's still...❞

❝It's okay if you're not clean, we just need to know how dirty❞ the woman replied. Natalie looked down at her boots for a second, but then looked back up. She needed to be strong for her brother, she wanted to make sure he knew she was there for him.

❝All right❞ Luke said taking the cup form her. He turn away, facing her siblings ❝Aw shit, wish me luck❞

Theo stood up first, making the her follow her actions. Luke hugged her briefly and then turn to see Natalie.