epilogue

⌯ ⌯ ⌯

CHAPTER FIFTEEN !
(Epilogue)
Set free

CHAPTER FIFTEEN !(Epilogue)❝Set free❞

THE RAIN POURED. Washing everything in its path. It came rushing towards all entrances and exists, making it impossible for someone to escape. The rain poured, trying to wash away the rotten thoughts sunken deep in her.

Everyone took shelter, for no one wanted to witness the destruction taking place. All souls, good or bad, pure or pudrid were hiding behind close walls. Those walls that were supposed to keep them safe.

The rain had struck the town without warning, leaving most of the people defenseless and vulnerable against nature, as they have always been. The rain was not compassionate, and it struck with aggression and resilience everything in its path. Like a cascade finally setting free from its incarceration. Like a hurricane touching land to meet his opponent.

     In the pouring rain, among the heavy drops falling from the dark clouds, stood a woman. She wasn't what you would call a warrior, or even a tough person. But look in her eyes, and you could see millions of stars, each on of them reciting the tales of survival she had endure. Most were tougher than others, some even insignificant, but they conformed her survival. The living proof of her won battles.

    The woman walked the empty street, not paying attention to the fierce drops hitting her face. She actually liked it. To feel something that would harm her was actually making her stronger, enduring.

Natalie kept a slow pace. There was no need to rush. She had all the time in the world, there was no need to hurry or get everything done. It was time, and time had stopped just for her, an owned favor.

    The only thing that could be seen among the rain and the fog, was the big mansion. Standing in its hill, where the walls kept secrets, the bricks held stories and whatever walked there, walked alone.

    No one in there right mind would have approach the mansion, especially if they had heard the horror stories that came from there. Stories such as ghosts roaming around, people getting murdered, people going insane and killing themselves.

    Eventually, people started going on the property to vandalize, to play jokes and to try to investigate. But no one lasted one night. They all swear the house was alive and it had darkness inside. No one in their right mind would plan on visiting, let alone live there.

    No one except the Crain family. But now, years later, it was vacan again.

    Natalie kept her steady pace, letting out soft breath from time to time. She was ready, and nothing would stop her. She was finally going to be brave, finally, after so many years of being held down, she was going to be free.

    As soon as she touched the property, the lights in the mansion turned on slowly, shining a light orange threw its windows. She stopped for a second, admiring the house in all its splendor. Even if at night the house looked scary, she didn't felt that way. She had seen enough of horror in her life to know the difference between intimidation and fear.