twelve

⌯ ⌯ ⌯

CHAPTER TWELVE !
Turn to nightmares

CHAPTER TWELVE !❝Turn to nightmares❞

    THE RADIO WAS ON. It was playing a soft melody, making her smile. Natalie took the bowl of salad and dressing, looking briefly at the clear night outside her kitchen window. With everything in hand, she walked towards the table, where her guests were laughing at a comment.

    Natalie put the bowl in the middle of the table for everyone to get and sat back down, next to Edward. They smiled at each other and she made herself comfortable.

    ❝So, Natalie, how's that new job treating you?❞ Leigh asked, setting down her plate. The rest of the people in the table stood quiet, looking at her.

    Natalie smiled softly ❝It's been great❞ she nodded, thankful for the question ❝everyone is really nice, and I like there a lot❞

❝I heard it's very difficult to find a job with them, but you did it❞ Theo smiled towards her, winking. Natalie smiled back at her sister and felt how Edward give her hand a squeeze.

    ❝Of course she did it, she's amazing, aren't you, Natty?❞ Luke smiled at her, making her happy.

    ❝Thank you, Luke❞ she tilted her head, a smile plastered in her face.

❝It's been a tough year, but we all made it❞ Steve raised his glass, making the rest imitate him ❝for us and our future...and Natalie's new job❞

They all cheered and clinked their glasses together, chuckling. It was another get together for the family, all her siblings were there, along with their respective partners. All the kids were playing in the other room, letting the adults have a peaceful dinner.

The rest of the night was going smoothly, everyone seemed to enjoyed it. All but Natalie.

She couldn't help but feel strange. There was something that didn't allowed her to feel truly happy in the moment, not even being surrounded by her family.

    Natalie felt like she was suffocating, and everything around her was slowly closing in. But before she go and excuse herself to go to the bathroom, she wasn't able to move out of the chair. She looked down and tried to stand up again, but to no avail; something was holding her down.

Shirley hummed, turning to see Edward ❝I'm glad Natalie finally got a job, I thought she was going to stay home and do nothing again❞ Shirley said heartlessly, making others laugh. Natalie furrowed her eyebrows lightly.