six

⌯ ⌯ ⌯

CHAPTER SIX !
in the dark

CHAPTER SIX !❝in the dark❞

Now

      ❝READY?❞ Edward asked quietly, squeezing Natalie's hand.

Natalie nodded, looking at Shirley's house through the window. The rain was pouring down, surrounding them.

   When she was little, she used to think the sky was crying with her too, to not leave her alone in her sadness. But soon she came to the conclusion that it was a stupid thought, it was time to grow up.

    Natalie sighed and look down at her feet before taking her purse. She looked at Ed in the eyes and pursed her lips.

     Edward sighed and stroked her cheek, leaving a kiss on her forehead. He knew she didn't want to talk just yet, so he gave her time, as long as she needed.

     Natalie nodded, silently telling him she was ready. They both got out of the car and held hands, both of them under the umbrella. Her hands were cold while his were warm. They interlaced them together, walking towards the other side of Shirley's house.

     Edward rang the doorbell and the both of them waited for someone to answer. Not a minute later, Kevin opened the door, welcoming them.

     ❝Hi❞ he greeted softly, she gave him a half smile and hugged him. Then then proceed to shake Edward's hand and the three of them finally entered. ❝Can I get you guys anything? Something to eat, drink?❞

She shook her head, declining. Edward however, nodded. Both of them could tell Kevin wanted to feel useful in this situation. Her husband took her pursue and coat with him, and shot her one last look until he followed the other man.

Natalie walked slowly, where she knew the casket was going to be. She saw it, but quickly looked at her sisters, who were walking towards her.

❝Hey❞ Natalie said softly. She approached them and hugged Shirley, who gave her a kiss on the cheek and smiled.

❝Hey❞ Theo answered, approaching her as well. She moved her glass away and gave her a tight hug. Natalie closed her eyes and sighed. Theo didn't like to hug anyone except from Natalie.

❝Where are the boys?❞ Natalie asked, sniffing.

❝Not here yet❞ Shirley replied, nodding.

Edward appeared beside Natalie, putting his hand in her lower back. He smiled and went to greet his sister's in law.