ten

⌯ ⌯ ⌯

CHAPTER TEN !
In the dead of night

CHAPTER TEN !❝In the dead of night❞

NOW

      NATALIE HAD HER EYES CLOSED, STANDING NEXT TO HER SISTER. Her head was pounding as she listened to Shirley talk with the bank about the credit card. Everyone really thought Luke stole it to buy drugs, but Natalie didn't.

❝He hasn't used the credit card yet, they're going to send me an alert when he does❞ Shirley explained to them as soon as she finished her call. Natalie opened her eyes and looked at her ❝We can get a location from that❞

Natalie looked away and crossed her arms, trying to not overthink. She also tried not to look around, because she thought if she did, the whispers could come back again.

❝God, I hope he just tries an ATM and doesn't trade the card for dope❞ Shirley said, looking at everyone. Natalie looked down at her feet and felt the nauseous again, but she held it down.

    ❝Does he have your PIN?❞ Steve asked, raising an eyebrow.

    ❝Are you kidding?❞ Shirley looked at him incredulously. Natalie turn to see Theo, who was looking down as well. She had been the one who screamed earlier, but didn't say why.

    Theo felt her gaze and looked up, but only shook her head. Natalie nodded, understanding that she didn't want to talk about it.

    ❝Why would he try an ATM?❞ Steve asked, looking at Shirley. Natalie's eyes went to her older siblings, watching them like a tennis match.

❝I'm sorry, Steve, do you have a better suggestion?❞ Shirley raised her eyebrows ❝he took the card to use the card, and now we'll know is he does❞ she looked at the floor, where the model of their mother's forever house was destroyed ❝He didn't had to break the house❞

❝I don't think he did❞ their father said and Natalie found herself agreeing with him.

❝Me neither❞ Theo backed him up, making Natalie furrowed her eyebrows.

❝Someone ask you what you think, Theodora?❞ Shirley said harshly at Theo and Natalie rolled her eyes.

❝Shirley❞ Natalie glanced at her just as Theo apologized.

Both of her sisters were angered, especially Shirley, Natalie knew it wasn't just the money from Steve, but still didn't know what exactly the problem was.