Ch. 1 History of Chinese Zodiac

Beeep Beeeep Bee-
Smash

Stupid alarm. I get up and get my clothes for the day and take a quick shower. As soon as I finish, I apply my little makeup, and on time there is a knock at my door. I grab my bag and keys as I head towards the door. When I opened it, I'm greeted with my friend, Jordan, who hands me a helmet as I climb on the back of his motorcycle and I hold onto him as he drives us to school.

~~~~
History Class
"So last week we talked about the Chinese past, this week we will be talking about Chinese stories. And today we'll start with the most common story in China: The Chinese Zodiac. Does anybody know the story?" I raised my hand.

"Oh? Ms. Pansa, you know the story of the Chinese Zodiac." I stood up and walked to the front of the class, grabbing the marker from the teacher as I started drawing.

"Sir, in my family, everyone know the story of the Chinese Zodiac. It is actually mandatory to know it."

"Oh that's right, your a Sohma."

"Everybody has there own versions of the story. This is what Sohmas are taught.

Long ago, god has decided to throw a banquet. But only 12 could enter. The mouse had heard that the cat planned to go early, so he could be the first one there. The mouse, had told the cat that God had changed it to a different day. Cat believed the mouse. And so, the rat, ox, tiger,rooster,monkey,boar, horse, rabbit, dragon, goat,snake and dog. However, god heard of what the rat did and felt terrible because he couldn't let the cat in, and because he wasn't in, the cat became cursed while the other 12 animals lived happily in life. The cats distant relative, the fearsome panther, had come and talked to the god. The panther brought happiness and eventually peace to all."

The class was silent and in awe.

~~~~~