Chapter 3: Initiation

As me and my clones ran through the forest I smelled a strong scent of the Dark creatures of Grimm. Immediately I stopped myself in my tracks and tightened my grip onto Soulless. My clones don't share the same senses I do, with being able to smell the Grimm as well as I can. “Large Grimm closing in, you two should stand ready.” I informed my clones as my back was to them. Without any response from them I looked back and saw one attempting to attack me.

I used Soulless and knocked his weapon out of his grasp, and I brought Soulless back around and decapitated him in one swing. The pain immediately surged through my body, as the clone and its Scythe was reduced to a pool of blood. I looked at the other clone, who had both of its eyes glowing a deep red. “Fuck me.” I muttered as it tried striking me as well, I blocked it, but with that pain and this being just one clone, he's nearly as strong as me… nearly. I felt my rage starting to spike as I saw the edge of Soulless becoming red.

I looked back at my clone and muttered. “Fuck it, burn you bastard.” With that being said I pushed his scythe away, and Soulless was now complete red with black and silver accents. I lunged towards the clone and slashed through its chest with a horizontal cut. Which reduced it to a pool of blood on the ground as well. I looked up and saw some trees collapsing and coming my way. I put my earbuds in and turned in some music to keep my rage going.

Before long the trees stopped collapsing, but suddenly a large Scorpion Grimm emerged from the trees. “This will be fun.” I said as my sinister grin returned once again. I ran and jumped off a tree in the opposite direction of the Grimm. While in the air I directed the scythe behind me as I pulled the trigger, which effectively fired, and sent me flying to the Grimm. In a single cut I used Soulless and cut its stinger off, causing it to fall on top of the Grimm’s head. I landed behind the Grimm and readied Soulless, then I ran at it and cuts it's legs off on its right side.

“You're weak, you bore me… now die.” I muttered under my breath as I jumped up and hammered its stinger deeper in its head with Soulless, which killed it instantly. I felt my rage start to diminish as I walked away from the Grimm body. I took my earbuds out, and continued on my way.

Timeskip

As time passed I made it to a clearing in the forest that had some stone ruins around, and a few pedestals in the center. I walked over to it to find all the pedestals were empty, except for one, which held a strange looking chess piece. Looking at the chess piece it appeared to be a King piece, although it seemed… evil. I never knew a chess piece could look evil, but this is proof that they can look evil. I picked it up and felt a pulse of something go up my arm as I held it. I placed it in one of my pockets and turned to leave, until a Nevermore could be heard above.

“Just when I was beginning to think I was done.” I said under my breath as I extended Soulless. I started running towards the forest, but when it sent its large feathers down at me I turned around and sliced one in half before continuing to run. When I made my way into the forest I kept running, even though I could hear the Nevermore overhead. When I got far enough into the forest I quickly shapeshifted into a Raven. I flew up into the air, and catch the Nevermore’s attention.

When it started chasing me I immediately flew straight up, forcing it to follow after me. With a grin I shifted back and was falling towards the Nevermore. With Soulless in my grasp I clutched the shaft of the scythe tightly. As I neared it I swung the scythe at the beast, and with the force of me falling and it coming at me, it was easily sliced in half from its beak to the rear feathers. As I fell I turned Soulless back into its compact form and attached it back to my leg.

I shifted into a Raven, once more, and soared through the skies back to the cliff. ‘This is too easy. He could've at least made this a difficult task. Almost like I ran a simple errand.’ I thought to myself, although that King piece that I got is definitely odd. I'll have to look into it after this is done with.

When I reached the cliff I shifted back and walked towards Oz. “Done, is there anything else I have to do?” I asked the Headmaster as I showed the King piece I found. “No all that remains is for you to receive a dorm and join a team.” Oz said, my immediate thoughts went to team RWBY. They may be 1st years, although something is different about Ruby Rose. “Sounds good, but before any of that. We need to discuss something, Oz.” I said, with a serious tone in my voice.

“Very well, we can talk in my office. Glynda, postpone the announcement for me. I feel as though this is serious, and may take some time.” Oz said to the blonde woman with glasses. “Yes sir, I'll make the announcement.” She said before walking off.

Ruby POV

“Attention all students, the greeting of our newest student has been delayed. Please take this time to study and work on your fighting.” Glynda said, before cutting herself off. “What could be delaying it? It's obvious he passed the initiation, isn't it?” I asked my team. “It's possible that Headmaster Ozpin just needs to speak with him for a moment. If I had to guess it'd be about the abilities he showed.” Blake said, without looking up from her book.

“Doubtful, did you notice how they greeted each other? Chances are Ozpin knew about his abilities and they're talking about something else.” Weiss said. “I'm actually going to agree with Weiss on this one, chances are they're talking about what team he'll join.” Yang said.

Y/N POV

“I'd like to know about Ruby Rose. Her eyes are silver, that's no coincidence… is it Oz?” I questioned him as he was seated at his desk. “No, it's no coincidence. Although she's the youngest student in Beacon, you'll soon see I allowed her in for a reason.” He answered. “It's no coincidence that they broke my seal either, is it?” I questioned him again.

“No, I decided it be best Ruby Rose and her team broke it. After all, you know better than to try and kill a silver eyed warrior. Although… it seems someone may possibly be hunting the Silver Eyed Warriors. I ask of you Y/N, I need you to protect Miss Rose. With your life, if needed.” Oz pleaded me to undertake this. “We both know I'm the Guardian of Remnant, I'm no protector of Silver Eyed Warriors.” I half-heartily said in response.

“If Miss Rose isn't protected by you, if she dies… mankind may meet its doom soon after.” Ozpin said, I looked at him and slowly shook my head. “Alright, I'll protect her with my life. Miss Rose will now have the Guardian of Remnant as her Guardian.” I said, causing a new sigil to appear on my upper arm. I looked at it, and saw it was the Rose emblem.

“There, now I hope you realise that if I fail in this. The God of Light will remove me from Remnant, meaning there will be no Guardian of Remnant. I'll be reduced to nothing, in an instant.” I said, informing Ozpin of this. “Even if you didn't accept, if Miss Rose died, Mankind and Remnant would be destroyed by the creatures of Grimm. So even then, the God of Light would remove you.” Ozpin said in response.

“Assign me to team RWBY, a change if the team name will not be necessary. Let's get this announcement of yours over with.” I said, both frustrated and excited  about my new mission to protect Ruby Rose.

Timeskip

Me, Ozpin, and Glynda stood up on the stage as students entered the building. When it was all settled down Ozpin began. “Students of Beacon Academy, it is with great pleasure and honor that I welcome our newest student to Beacon and assign him a team. Y/L Reaper, please step forward.” He announced, signaling me to step forward. I stepped forward and all eyes fell on me, as Ozpin continued.

“Y/N Reaper, you have received the King piece. From this day forward you will be apart of team RWBY, lead by Ruby Rose.” Ozpin announced, which earned an applause from the crowd. Although there's no doubt they wonder about the King piece and why team RWBY. “Thank you Headmaster Ozpin.” I said to him. With that out of the way I exited the building and was met by Ruby Rose.

“Where's the rest of your team?” I questioned her. “They went ahead and headed to our dorm, today has been a busy one after all.” She said. “No doubt about that, although me and you will need to have a conversation. Now might be the best time for it, so meet me on the rooftop of the Dorms.” I said as I then started walking off. “Why not talk here?” She questioned, and I turned to her. “To many ears around, and if prefer for this to be kept hidden as a secret.” I said before continuing to walk.

[Word Count 1,658]